aberdeen-music

Biffy Clyro...

Tav

So what did people think of the show last night? First time I had seen them and I thought the songs were really good. The sound wasn't at all good though.

The 1st band just sounded a wash of distortion and the guitars were really hard to make out...though the drum sound was really bassey and made the place move! Hell Is For Heros sounded a slight bit better...probably due to having less distortion! Then again Biffy sounded better again but probably no where near as good as they could else where.

i liked it,the sound was a bit better down the front,i was down there for ghostride and hell is for heroes who were both excellent but stood at the back for biffy and thought the sound was a bit muddy and there was a fair bit of feedback,wasn't THAT bad though.

really enjoyed all three bands pretty much equally,caught the last three ghostride songs and was really impressed,nice sound,lots of energy,hell is for heroes were my favourite on the night,really like the sound of the new stuff,their set felt really short though!biffy were great again,think their singing ability really showed last night-particularly before there's no such thing as a jaggy snake-those harmonies were awesome!crowd was good fun too,played pretty much everything i wanted to hear except from stress on the sky which they never play anymore!:(

all in all was a really good night :up:

Ghostride....didn't really like them at all..they weren't bad or anything just not my kinda thing...

Hell is for Heroes....were awesome, opening with 'Kaimichi' was a great move...sad they didn't play 'you drove me to it' but great overall.

Biffy Clyro...tears in my eyes when they sang 'no such man as crasp'....'the go slow' sounded amazing too, a cracking show as usual. top form. met them after too..managed to get back in to the music hall via one of the side doors (big up music hall security), bloody nice guys.

my oh my.

i saw two songs of ghostride. didn't really enjoy them much so i went away to speak to my friends at the back.

hifh - amazing. can't say a bad thing about this band. i didn't get a chance to see them at moshulu last year, but i was pretty near the front for them last night and it was awesome

biffy clyro - :love: i don't think words can express how much i love this band. to be fair, they were better at the forum/moshulu last year, but that's probably only because the venues were more intimate. last night was good though. although it would have made my night had they played 27. but they played 57 and glitter and trauma so I'M HAPPY :D

Ghostride - cock rock shit from states

Hell Is For Heroes - Fuckin Brill!

Biffy Clyro - Having never seen them live before...fuckin really good and tight as hell.

also managed to get a street team backstage pass from some random dude and met the band and recieved a signed poster which i am eternally grateful for...really kool guys!

Their looking forward to playing carling academy tonight cuz they've never played it before.

Hell Is For Heroes were absolutely ace. The new song which started with a drum machine is probably their best song yet methinks. The Moshulu gig was better I thought, but probably more to do with the fact it was a longer set and I was right up close to them that time than anything else.

Biffy were better than at Moshulu last year I thought, although that might just be cos I could actually see them this time.

Ghostride-Shit sound(too much bass:() but even if the sound was at an optimum quality it still wouldn't save them. Sounded liek your run of the mill southern rock metal band. Vocals sounded like James Hetfield which would already turn you off. They had one or two good riffs but that was it. 2/10

Hell Is For Heroes- Again the sound was shit which was really annoying as I thought they were really good. First time seen them and only heard too songs before so im quite pleased! 7/10

Biffy-I knew that with a big crowd the Biffy sing a longs were gonna be immense and I was right so beautiful! Everyone singing the chorus of 'Joy.Discovery.Invention' was great and 'Questions and Answers too'.

Was happy that 'Eradicate the Doubt' was played as it wasn't last year at Moshulu but again no 'With Aplomb' and not only that no 'A Day Of...' which is my favourite song!

'There's no such man as Crasp' was really intimate and really shows how developed their vocals are.

Pretty much lost my voice singing to "There's no Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake" great song live!

10/10

I thought Ghostride were appalling. The bass player looked like a pro wrestler as well :nono:

After hearing some stuff I though HIFH would be quite bad: the oppositie was the case. Very good stage show, some good tunes as well.

Biffy were fantastic, didn't think the sound was that bad at all. I seem to remember them being marginally better at the last gig at Moshulu, but that's probably nit picking.

All in all, a good night :rockon:

Yup, they're back with a bang! Played Dundee tonight (and when i say tonight i mean thursday), they're playin Inverness on Friday night aswell. They've got a single coming out in April time (keep your eyes pealed on mtv2!) and also an album coming out (which is ace!)

Their next gig/tour details which are confirmed are...

March:

Touring w/Distophia

14th - Edinburgh, Bannermans

15th - Glasgow, Barfly (also playing someyoungpedro and Carson)

16th - Fort William, Fusion (all ages show)

17th - Dundee, Reading Rooms (also playing Spyamp)

18th - Aberdeen, Moshulu

19th - Forres, Town Hall

30th - Liverpool, The Krazyhouse (Glasswerk and STA co-promote)

31st - London, Water Rats Theatre

April:

01st - tbc, maybe preston

02nd - Devizes, The Cavalier

They have plans to do a wee tour in Ireland aswell

Last night in Glasgow was terriffic. It was crazy the amount of people in the Carling Academy. I thought HIFH were pretty dull though.

Does it bother anyone else when bands say "thanks, you guys are great, this is great...etc.etc." but look like they're totally miserable? Biffy last night just made me think about it.

Last night in Glasgow was terriffic. It was crazy the amount of people in the Carling Academy. I thought HIFH were pretty dull though.

Does it bother anyone else when bands say "thanks' date=' you guys are great, this is great...etc.etc." but look like they're totally miserable? Biffy last night just made me think about it.[/quote']

Biffy are a bit like that but if the performance is ace I don't mind. :D

Biffy were awesome as always! loved the little accoustic bit, added something new to their set. I love every Biffy song so its hard to pick a highlight but Jaggy Snake was amazing! Didnt think much of Ghostride and Hell is for Heroes were disappointing but I agree their was something up with the sound in the music hall, too much bass and a bit of squeaky feedback during biffy!