aberdeen-music

Bouncer mentality!

slinkmasif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there do appear to be a lot of contradictory claims to that on this thread though..

I was simply throwing my experience into the ring there. I've no doubt there are bad bouncers and bouncers that just have bad nights and make some bad decisions. Hell I have a few friends who have been treated badly by bouncers, some people are just unlucky. Neither of the two occasions I'm thinking of that involved friends of mine could be put down to deliberate malice by the bouncers, instead it was a case of mistaken identity (someone pointed out a friend of mine as a drug dealer, he's not and the subsequent strip search proved it) and mis-reading a situation (can't remember the exact story, might have involved someone being pushed on the dancefloor and in amadeus and fell into a table or something. he was then thrown out despite being sober).

hmmm' date=' yes, because people who get chucked out of clubs ALWAYS admit that they were at fault...[/quote']

well if you had bothered to read my post you would notice i said i was denied for slurring speech, despite not having said a word to him.....i was most certainly not at fault...i think i'm too pretty, he was jealous

who would ever want to be a bouncer/doorman?

they go home feeling good about themselves after a hard nights work consisting of ruining peoples nights out' date=' suckin off their fellow collegues dicks and generally being a arse. ok, ive obviously had a shit night due to these highly respected members of society but they can get to f**k.

(awwwww didums to me!)[/quote']

What happened to you my friend? It wasn't Dale again was it? :D

My father was a bouncer for a lot of years on Market Street. The Douglas Hotel hired him, at the time, but if someone else needed a hand he was always there to help.

He enjoyed his work. Even helped out in the kitchens from time to time.

Although he did let it get to his head now and again, thinking he could take on the world and all. Even today he's the 'hard man' :rolleyes: but he means well and never once went LOOKING for trouble! He can normally spot a bad egg!

Don't diss them, there only doing there job. One day it will work in your favour!

My father was a bouncer for a lot of years on Market Street. The Douglas Hotel hired him' date=' at the time, but if someone else needed a hand he was always there to help.

He enjoyed his work. Even helped out in the kitchens from time to time.

Although he did let it get to his head now and again, thinking he could take on the world and all. Even today he's the 'hard man' :rolleyes: but he means well and never once went LOOKING for trouble! He can normally spot a bad egg!

Don't diss them, there only doing there job. One day it will work in your favour![/quote']

His name isnt Dennis is it?

bouncer song

the mighty HUMAN Generators guitarist had both arms broken by a bouncer -so we wrote a song about it - HEAR IT for the last time ever at The Lemon Tree next Fri 25th Feb - things have changed considerably since then and I can't wait to play The Lemon Tree safe in the knowledge that Marge the bouncer-although HARD, is FAIR - it's a pity there are few like her around - but things are getting better.

The bouncers at Exodus have all worked at the cinema at some point so I generally find most of them to be very pleasant but sometimes they can be really dumb. Crocker and I were speaking about this the other day. He gets ID'd all the time even though they know he's over 18, Jimr gets kicked out quite a bit too for stupid stuff.

they i.d me everytime because one day i wont have and they will tell me to sling my hook. like theyve done on many occasions even when ive had. indeed there are good and bad bouncers. but one twat on the door of exodus is enough to get me kicked out. some fucking bint in the toilets didnt like the fact i was going after a lady he was obviously with so told the bouncer i was starting on people and vandalising shit in the toilets. got thrown out for it. no chance of a fair trial when your dealing with fucking sasquatch and company.