aberdeen-music

Anti-Ned Thread

incredibledisc

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boyfriend was walking home from work one night' date=' when he was set upon by about 10 neds, aged between 11 and 20. They kicked the living shit out of him; so I don't like neds either.[/quote']

Is he alright now?

It's just so sickening when they kick the shit out of people for no reason, not that having a reason would necessarily justify it. They're just scum, pure and simple.

Someone also early mentioned the fact that their background plays a role - I don't believe that - yes it has an influence upon them but at the end of the day everyone has choices in life. Their choices may not be as easy or privaliged as others, but they are choices none-the-less, and the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of 'poor' people do not go around picking fights, it's an active minority: a minority to whom violence is not forced upon, but they actually consciously choose to participate in it for some sort of sick, distorted sense of pleasure. Nothing justify's that.

Is he alright now?

It's just so sickening when they kick the shit out of people for no reason' date=' not that having a reason would necessarily justify it. They're just scum, pure and simple.

Someone also early mentioned the fact that their background plays a role - I don't believe that - yes it has an influence upon them but at the end of the day everyone has choices in life. Their choices may not be as easy or privaliged as others, but they are choices none-the-less, and the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of 'poor' people do not go around picking fights, it's an active minority: a minority to whom violence is not forced upon, but they actually consciously choose to participate in it for some sort of sick, distorted sense of pleasure. Nothing justify's that.[/quote']

He's fine now, but I don't understand how someone thinks they have the right to go up and hit someone else for no reason; and I don't think a person's backround comes into it.

I hate it when people try to come up with an excuse for ned's behaviour. There is no excuse, the fuckers need to be shot.

What really pisses me off was something i read in the news -if i remember rightly, a council started allowing neds to go go-karting for free, obviously the council paying for them, to stop them joyriding!

I mean, what the fuck? Ive never been joyriding, why dont i get free fucking go-karting? They are being rewarded for their anti-social behaviour.

Soon they will shoot someone, and get given free access to paintball!

Guest Composed

I dont know about you lot but i'd rather be beaten up, robbed or shouted abuse at by a dance music listener, burberry wearing loudmouthed ned

than

be killed as a satanic ritual by a marilyn manson, stoner, manic depressive, loudmouthed, smelly goth ala luke mitchell who believes the whole world is against them because they are somehow different for wearing black clothes

Guest Ancient Mariner
be killed as a satanic ritual by a marilyn manson' date=' stoner, manic depressive, loudmouthed, smelly goth ala luke mitchell who believes the whole world is against them because they are somehow different for wearing black clothes[/quote']

You seem to suggest that there are people on this forum who are like that, which is out of line (excuse the hackneyed phrase). If you saw Dayeth, you might think him capable of such a thing, but his love of Neighbours should calm your fears.

In a battle between neds and goths, i'd be with the neds, because the goths style themselves deliberately in contrast to neds and other "squares", which is terribly sad.