Worst lyrics

incredibledisc

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" you brighten my life like a polysterine hat" - Silverchair

or

"help me carry big things' date=' if you know what i mean" - Destiny's child...no i dont "know what you mean"[/quote']

Also by silverchair,

"your life's an open cold-sore, gotta get out the cream"

Ok, mr johns whatever you say.

anything by Funeral for a Friend/Taking Back Sunday/My Chemical Romance/ anything emo.

All emo lyrics are absolutely diabolical.

In places you have a point Doc.

HOWEVER' date=' I occassionally dabble in power metal and some of the shit that Hammerfall/Gamma Ray/Primal Fear/Stratovarious etc etc is awful!

Here are a few classic lines that i can think of by some power metal bands:

[i']"Metal Eagles - Flying Side By Side

Silver Heroes - Hear Our Cries"

"If This Is Armageddon

Then Who The Hell Are You

The Soldiers Of The Holy War

Are Bringin' Hell To You"

"Hearts On Fire, Hearts On Fire

Burning, burning with desire

Burning for the steel

Hearts on fire!"

"We're drowning in madness, the heart of the Unicorn

Dwelling in sadness, the heart of the Unicorn"

"Look at the sky as the dragon flies by

Storming across heaven like fire pierce through ice"

Guest Ancient Mariner
although not the worst' date=' i cringe everytime i hear Love Sick by Dylan...just for the,

"Did I.......hear someone tell a lie"

something about that line and its delivery (note the dramatic pause) reaks of cheese[/quote']

Is that from "Time Out of Mind"? The lyrics on that album are about as complex and considered as a geriatric freestyle rap. No doubt the fools who think he's a genius will probably say that their basic form and lacklustre rhymes are his attempt to reflect his weariness in old age.

In places you have a point Doc.

HOWEVER' date=' I occassionally dabble in power metal and some of the shit that Hammerfall/Gamma Ray/Primal Fear/Stratovarious etc etc is awful!

Here are a few classic lines that i can think of by some power metal bands:

[i']"Metal Eagles - Flying Side By Side

Silver Heroes - Hear Our Cries"

"If This Is Armageddon

Then Who The Hell Are You

The Soldiers Of The Holy War

Are Bringin' Hell To You"

"Hearts On Fire, Hearts On Fire

Burning, burning with desire

Burning for the steel

Hearts on fire!"

"We're drowning in madness, the heart of the Unicorn

Dwelling in sadness, the heart of the Unicorn"

"Look at the sky as the dragon flies by

Storming across heaven like fire pierce through ice"

Oh come on Dan!!! Hearts on Fire is just classic! You can't beat Hammerfall.. can't wait to see them at the Stock this year - The classic rhyming fire and desire... just can't beat that! awesome!

Yes some lyrics can be dump... however, they have good music to back that up - whereas emo gives you shite lyrics with a load of cumstain guitar work, skidmark bass and willy-licking drumming. That makes bum pie!!!

I present to you:

"We'll start a fire, and burn some bridges, and make it out of here tonight"

etc. Dump city!

Oh come on Dan!!! Hearts on Fire is just classic! You can't beat Hammerfall.. can't wait to see them at the Stock this year - The classic rhyming fire and desire... just can't beat that! awesome!

Yes some lyrics can be dump... however' date=' they have good music to back that up - whereas emo gives you shite lyrics with a load of cumstain guitar work, skidmark bass and willy-licking drumming. That makes bum pie!!!

I present to you:

etc. Dump city![/quote']

har har

i have a hammerfall track on a metal hammer cd

i couldnt believe my ears when i first heard it

so good

so very good...

but so bad

so very bad

but.. so good!

i also now have a hammerfall poster on the wall of my office

because scott insisted i took one when i was in oneup t'other day

:rolleyes:

Yes some lyrics can be dump... however' date=' they have good music to back that up - whereas emo gives you shite lyrics with a load of cumstain guitar work, skidmark bass and willy-licking drumming. That makes bum pie!!!

I present to you:

etc. Dump city![/quote']

I think hammerfall are a little bit crap. Helloween at their peak was Germany's best power metal achievement.

I actually have a hammerfall poster on my wall though... the artwork's pretty cool.

I think hammerfall are a little bit crap. Helloween at their peak was Germany's best power metal achievement.

I actually have a hammerfall poster on my wall though... the artwork's pretty cool.

Helloween used to be my favourite band! Keeper of the Seven Keys and Pink Bubbles Go Ape.....quality! :rockon:

Interpol have some bloody horrible lyrics and, much as I love them, so do New Order.

A couple of Barney specials on the new album:

I feel your presence everywhere/In the corner, over there.

Where? There on the stair? A little mouse with clogs on?

Real love cant be sold/its another colour than gold.

Not quite up to the standard of Crystal's wonderful: "Here comes love, it's like honey/you can't buy it with money", but never mind.

Quality video too if i recall....

...c'mon baby take my hand....*waving hands enter and exit an otherwise empty frame*

but thanks for the correction... i take it the second line is more or less right...

Yes' date=' that's the one. You're kinda off with the rest too, after listening to my Bad News "Cashing in on Xmas" CD, it's actually :

I'm a warrior, the blood won't wash away

I'm a warrior, I'll kill myself one day

Burning, looting, raping, shooting

All this I do, I'd kill for you

Oh come on pretty baby won't you take my hand

Oh come and kiss the singer in a rock n' roll band

Baby baby baby baby baby

I want to see your blood all over the land

All this I do, I'd kill for you

I'm a warrior of Ghengis Khan

Guest Ancient Mariner
Hmmm...the man who single-handedly introduced lyricism into rock music and is responsible for some of the most insightful and poetic songs ever' date=' not a genius? Genius isn't a strong enough word. Divine, maybe?[/quote']

I knew you'd appear to defend the people's poet. The fact that lyricism needed to be introduced into rock shows just how devoid of artistic merit rock is.

Fact: Robert Zimmerman has never used any other rhyming scheme than ABAB.

Eek! You like Helloween, but Hammerfall are too cheesey for you? oh dear! Keeper of the Seven Keys pt.II is fukin awesome though. Especially the eponymous song, the verse guitar riff is the nuts.

However, thats about the best they have done! Hammerfall are flying the flag well for Sweden though!

Also, you have to say that Germany's best power metal achievement has to be Blind Guardian? Far better than Helloween! Infact, Gamma Ray are also better than Helloween!

Good call on the poster tho :)