aberdeen-music

Bonjour tout le monde! Me house was on fire yesterday...

Afro Droid

I'm just back from a refreshingly dirty Valentine's weekend in Paris with my number one gal pal. It was pretty good, saw some good stuff, including the filming of 'Jump Paris' outside Sacre Couer; the Miyazaki/Moebius exbition (which was ACE! Although the french for Wolverine is 'Griffu' - gay); and all the historical/tourist-y stiff that tickled our fancy. Had lunch in the cafe where Amelie was filmed too. Tres bonne!

Upon returning home yesterday, I found 3 fire engines parked outside our block of flats, with James (my flatmate) and my brother standing outside watching thick black smoke billow out of the top floor. That was a bit of a headfuck.

I'm just back from a refreshingly dirty Valentine's weekend in Paris with my number one gal pal. It was pretty good' date=' saw some good stuff, including the filming of 'Jump Paris' outside Sacre Couer; the Miyazaki/Moebius exbition (which was ACE! Although the french for Wolverine is 'Griffu' - gay); and all the historical/tourist-y stiff that tickled our fancy. Had lunch in the cafe where Amelie was filmed too. Tres bonne!

Upon returning home yesterday, I found 3 fire engines parked outside our block of flats, with James (my flatmate) and my brother standing outside watching thick black smoke billow out of the top floor. That was a bit of a headfuck.[/quote']

was that near the uni?

i saw all those fire engines then the smoke. that fucking sucks. :down:

Yup, just up from the Zoology building. No one was hurt, and none of our posessions damaged (we're to floors below where the action kicked off). Feel sorry for the the family who lost all their stuff though - Samwise lives in the same building too. There are an awful lot of coppers and firemen coming and going now....

Saaaaaaaam!

I thought you and James lived there, I've seen you walking / bussing near the uni. Glad to hear you're stuff is good, and yourselves. :)

My mum once gave my brother's friend's mum a lift home and when we got to their road, the dad and son were running about in their socks with a kitchen on fire in the background. Daddy had tried to make supper. :laughing:

My mum once gave my brother's friend's mum a lift home and when we got to their road' date=' the dad and son were running about in their socks with a kitchen on fire in the background. Daddy had tried to make supper. :laughing:[/quote']

haha!

There were some triple 9 shenanigans outside vue half an hour a go. Seen a firetruck and a massive gathering outside.

Not sure what had happened.

OOOO i used to live there' date=' and there was a fire in the next block when i stayed there too its realy realy scary when its that close[/quote']

Tilly reprazent \m/

James and me bro totally ignored the alarm for about 20 minutes apparently, because there are ALWAYS alarms going off at all hours in Tilly. That said, I've never had an hassle, even with bright red hair; there's always friendly nutters on the bus too.

one time me, jimmy and sam (7SU) were sitting watching CKY in my old flat on king street

(i think we'd watched 2 or 3 of them in a row or something... it had been a long night)

but there had been the sound of a truck parked outside with the engine running for ages

so

when i finally got up to go and look out of the window we discovered it was a fire engine

i looked up the street

'hey look... another one...'

i was intrigued

so i looked the other way...

'wooo... more fire engines..' and then an ambulance and oh look smoke pouring out of the flat along there..

and a whole bunch of people standing outside

quite exciting

the flat above the sports shop (opposite al askan see) was the one in question

we were far enough away not to be effected by it

but it looked like most of the flat was destroyed

crazy

:gringo: