aberdeen-music

Elgin - Rock City.

MitchPact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just the two' date=' The Anarcats couldn't be bothered practising and I just can't be arsed playing three times! But OCD and saving the 9 sound very different to each other! :cheers:

Looking forward to hearing boleskine, i hear they are quite heavy![/quote']

Where are they from?

Are they LOCAL? , this is a LOCAL GIG FOR LOCAL BANDS ( god i cant wait for the League of Gentlemen movie to come out :D - the comedians that is :up: )

they're from Forres of all places' date=' the drummer plays in a funk band too! :band:[/quote']

Whatever, as far as im concerned its a night out and i fully intend enjoying myself :cheers:

I've been meaning to catch OCD anyway since the Northern Scot article so here's my chance :D O' not forgetting the Filthpact posse too, they'll make any night out worthwile :up::rockon:

Well what can i say, i had a pretty good night.

The event was pretty well attended and the feeling of being about the oldest person there was damped down by drink :cheers:

...as for the bands i really enjoyed OCD, i dont think they thought they played very well but i quite liked them all the same and as for Filthpact.....

....I didn't really enjoy them the first time i saw them, but tonight they were amazing, looking back i think they had a better sound tonight than they had at Drakes and that made all the difference :up:

To sum it all up thanks to OCD for organising this event and a big thank you to Filthpact for bothering to come up here. Cheers the both of you :D

fucking hell OCD were absoloute shite! I couldn't really be arsed due to the happenings with saving the 9 but it was pretty fucking hectic. Usually we are decent!!!!

On the other hand filthpact were awesome! although i could barely mosh because the first time i did someone squuezed my balls or something, fucking hell!

I'm glad we finally got filthpact up after two failed attempts, this gig was really good, it must be the best attended gig i've seen in Moray for a long while. I quite enjoeyd Boleskine (1st band on) they're really good and i can't wait to hear more from them, it was funny as hell watching martyn try to smash his guitar!

Turns out we can get tha hall again, the hole in the wall was from the door handle and had happened once before. Lets do this again!

fucking hell OCD were absoloute shite! I couldn't really be arsed due to the happenings with saving the 9 but it was pretty fucking hectic. Usually we are decent!!!!

On the other hand filthpact were awesome! although i could barely mosh because the first time i did someone squuezed my balls or something' date=' fucking hell![/b']

I'm glad we finally got filthpact up after two failed attempts, this gig was really good, it must be the best attended gig i've seen in Moray for a long while. I quite enjoeyd Boleskine (1st band on) they're really good and i can't wait to hear more from them, it was funny as hell watching martyn try to smash his guitar!

Turns out we can get tha hall again, the hole in the wall was from the door handle and had happened once before. Lets do this again!

Your, your own worst critic :moody:

As for Moshing i maybe going into retirement, my back is acheing and my necks as stiff as a board. i fear old age is catching up with me. :(

......Whens the next gig :woohoo::rockon:

next gig will possibly be the 26th march with the declined from Falkirk or the 19th of March for our album release. I want to get Atom gevitter and karloff up at some point in the near future. if attendence is going to be as good as this i'm gonna be totally chuffed!

According to the 2 RAF guys there the building ain't gonna close to June so as many gigs you can fit in during that time the better.

Im sure Small Enclosed Area would be up for a gig there, i'll suggest it to them the next time i see them :up:

Juts out of interest (paranoia) what is considered "old"?

I mean't old in the sense that at 31 i am or are nearly' date=' twice the age of the people who attended the gig on saturday.

The fact that i dont appear to be able to jump around as much as 10years ago without suffering doesn't help :down:

I dont consider myself old thou, its just the situation you put yourself in ie you go and see Rush, Marillion, Status Quo i would be one of the younger people there. You go and see Green Day or Marilyn Manson you'd be part of the older crowd.

It just depends on what age bracket the music appeals to, unfortunately i have a extremely broad taste so i regularly go from oldest to youngest, as long as the musics good who cares.

O' to answer your question [b']40 would be old :D

Phew thank Fish for that :rockon:

Actually I'd rather eat my own feet than go see Statud Quo and that will never change.

We're the same age mate so I don't feel so bad now.

I know, how can i possibly have been into a band for 20years and still be one of there younger fans ?(

....i was only saying the Quo as an example, but i'd have gone to see them last time round cos MIKE PETERS was support :D

19th March - Possible album release party thing Hopefully.

Also I should be putting the Declined on on the 26th March in Elgin and they're puttin us on in Stirling or Greenock the night before.

There's a gig being organised by some girls i know and O.C.D. are on the bill, the rest of the bands i think are pretty emo but we'll kick some arse! this is likely to happen late March. Its likely to be in the Bishopmill Hall in Elgin.

At the moment i'm looking for venues seeing as I don't know how regular we can have gigs at the Pinefield hall but I've heard the Cats Whiskers in New Elgin is decent and the bishopmill hall is pretty good.

Hopefully we'll get some regular-ish gigs going in this shithole and some decent bands up! :rockon:

Any time you feel like risking your luck in Cullen or Portsoy...or Banff...

MIKE PETERS: I saw him supporting Marillion with the Poets of Justice in 1992' date=' and at the Lemon Tree too![/quote']

Strange you should say that i'll be in Portsoy tomorrow, unfortunately its for a funeral.

As for Banff the last time i had a night out there was seeing Fish at Uncle Sams Rock Factory :rockon: , i have relatives in both Whitehills and Banff, so i know that part of the world pretty well :D

Fish actually told me about an incident that occured on the day he last played at Banff where he met a local loony in The Ship...Banff is full of those!

My folks live in Fordyce, I tend to drink in either The Shore Inn in Portsoy or occasionally The Boyne, or The Three Kings in Cullen when I'm through. Or in Banff which is good, never been to any pubs in Whitehills...

Sorry to hear about the funeral...

Fish actually told me about an incident that occured on the day he last played at Banff where he met a local loony in The Ship...Banff is full of those!

My folks live in Fordyce' date=' I tend to drink in either The Shore Inn in Portsoy or occasionally The Boyne, or The Three Kings in Cullen when I'm through. Or in Banff which is good, never been to any pubs in Whitehills...

Sorry to hear about the funeral...[/quote']

Yeah with Fish more active this year and the festival in Keith im sure we'll bump into each other somewhere :up:

I fear it's Misplaced Childhood all the way this year' date=' but i sure ain't complaining :jester:[/quote']

Yep Misplaced all the way, and annoyingly Fish is playing somewhere else the day of the Keith Festival otherwise that would have been fun :p

Still hopefully the show will be good, the FoC shows last year were the best i've seen i think, certainly the Glasgow one. Still the secret show in Edinburgh next month will rock :)

Cheers

Stuart