aberdeen-music

Elgin - Rock City.

MitchPact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, sorry about that!

Actually I'm just not that familiar with Rush, like what I have, which is the first album, 2112, Grace Under Pressure and Moving Pictures (Tom Sawyer is very good) but that's about all I know. Marillion always had the edge for me for the seediness. Of course they ain't a prog band anymore so they keep claiming in between their ten minutes songs. (If prog was suddenly fashionable they'd probably issue a very different press statement.)

Which DVD and Cds did you just get Mordred?

(Currently listening ta Field of Crows by Fish!)

What the fucks with the Rush and Marillion usernames' date=' Progs dead dudes :D

....this coming from someone that just got a delivery of Marillion cd's and a dvd today :O[/quote']

Our guitarist Cammy's username is Bytor.

Don't suppose anyone who isn't into Rush will have a fuckin' clue what we're on about!!

:jester:

Aha' date=' it's a small world (wouldn't wanna paint it) but whenever I go past that place in Keith I think of Marillion apparently playing there once or twice. When Fish lived in Fochabers he said Keith was where he discovered Rush and got a knife pulled on him at the Royal Hotel. That'll be Keith "the friendly town" then.[/quote']

The Friendly Town!! Who's bright idea was that! :D

Aha' date=' it's a small world (wouldn't wanna paint it) but whenever I go past that place in Keith I think of Marillion apparently playing there once or twice. When Fish lived in Fochabers he said Keith was where he discovered Rush and got a knife pulled on him at the Royal Hotel. That'll be Keith "the friendly town" then.[/quote']

I've never had a problem there, but my mate who fell through a skylight i think in the Commercial Hotel did ?(

I've never had a problem there' date=' but my mate who fell through a skylight i think in the Commercial Hotel did ?([/quote']

I remember that, it was actually The Seafield Hotel which is no more! Shame, cos it was a great place for bands to play in!

Keith's not that bad if you know who to avoid, same as any other town i suppose!

Will most definitely be going to Keith Chaos Live, no question!

I never have a problem in Keith and like the sleazier hotels cos whenever I get the train back up I usually stop off for one in there while I'm waiting for a lift up the road. It's not as bad as Buckie! Even Fochabers is pretty friendly these days, although its a brave fella that dwells too long in Portgordon.

I remember that' date=' it was actually The Seafield Hotel which is no more! Shame, cos it was a great place for bands to play in!

Keith's not that bad if you know who to avoid, same as any other town i suppose![/quote']

Aye it was a great night, he fell through during Inextremis, i remember Simonsaid from the stage get him down, then some bright spark tried to grab his leg and pull him through.

To this day i have no idea how he managed to climb onto the roof, he was blazing on whiskey long before we even got to Keith. :cheers:

Now those were the days :D

Will most definitely be going to Keith Chaos Live' date=' no question!

I never have a problem in Keith and like the sleazier hotels cos whenever I get the train back up I usually stop off for one in there while I'm waiting for a lift up the road. It's not as bad as Buckie! Even Fochabers is pretty friendly these days, although its a brave fella that dwells too long in Portgordon.[/quote']

I would recommend the pub in Findochty, the owners pretty cool to us everytime i go :cheers:

They even have AC/DC on the jukebox, doesn't beat Slayer on the one in Keith thou :rockon:

Aha' date=' it's a small world (wouldn't wanna paint it) but whenever I go past that place in Keith I think of Marillion apparently playing there once or twice. When Fish lived in Fochabers he said[b'] Keith was where he discovered Rush and got a knife pulled on him at the Royal Hotel. That'll be Keith "the friendly town" then.

Just noticed that, strange that Keith appears to be the Rush capital of the U.K. :D

Donnie? did you work in tesco? I think i know who you are' date=' you prob wont know me. I'm a little arsehole. I am really looking forward to this gig and to laugh at the fact Saving the 9 aren't the heaviest band at a gig in moray... fuck![/quote']

Dont you swear to me ASDA rules ok :up:

Never worked at Tesco, Asda all the way baby :rockon:

I think one of your mums (OCD) works there at least i think it was you she was talking to me about. She works on the checkouts ?(

Aren't saving the 9 meant to be your mates, laughing at them ain't cool, at least for there music anyway :O

Yeah im trying to drum up some support for this gig but alot of the OAP's of Moray just wont get out of there zimmer frames, not to worry i'll be there or i wont hear the end of it, will i ? Dave & Dave :moody:

Oh aye you were in the band with Chris Drysdale right? I played bass for a day but I couldn't play' date=' stil cant! :rockon:

Aye thats my mother and I play in OCD and Saving the 9 so i'm allowed to take the piss :D

Rock and Roll![/quote']

Who's Chris Drysdale?

Nah not me guv, cant play an instrument to save my life. :(

I am good however at telling bands there shit :up: