aberdeen-music

Elgin - Rock City.

MitchPact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shite!

I completely forgot about posting it up here, I'm getting some leaflets etc made up tommorrow and tickets are going in S+V too. This gig should kick arse, but I'll have to warn you a couple of the bands aren't very "heavy", still its good to have a bit of variation. Can't wait to see the almighty Filthpact!

Tickets 1.50 from Sound and Vision or 2 at the door

Doors open 7.00

I completely forgot about posting it up here' date=' I'm getting some leaflets etc made up tommorrow and tickets are going in S+V too. This gig should kick arse, but I'll have to warn you a couple of the bands aren't very "heavy", still its good to have a bit of variation. Can't wait to see the almighty Filthpact!

Tickets 1.50 from Sound and Vision or 2 at the door

Doors open 7.00[/quote']

Well there are posters plus flyers in S&V, i think Rachel was gonna chase you up about tickets. Theres another poster in Zanzibar (shop on corner beside S&V, Urbanology wasn't open so no poster there.

Good luck with the promotion, i might suggest you grab all those up the street on saturday afternoon as potential punters.

...As for some of the bands not being heavy X( and more importantly does this venue have a bar? :cheers:

are you thinking of the right venue? this place is across the road from brewsters and from my knowledge very few gigs have gone on in there. Anyways i put tickets in, got some leaflets around and on saturday, i'll be leafletting like hell! This gig looks set to kick arses.

And yes it does have a bar! The drinks should be cheap seeing as the place is RAF owned so it should be pretty cheap.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

did anyone in this thread go to elgin acadamy?

if so' date=' would someone please care to explain the mythical sport of "elginball"?[/quote']

You may be referring to either "DeathBall", or "Wikedy Wikedy Wild Wild West Volley Competition", both are sports invented whilst i was at school there

Never heard of "Elgin ball"

are you thinking of the right venue? this place is across the road from brewsters and from my knowledge very few gigs have gone on in there. Anyways i put tickets in' date=' got some leaflets around and on saturday, i'll be leafletting like hell! This gig looks set to kick arses.

And yes it does have a bar! The drinks should be cheap seeing as the place is RAF owned so it should be pretty cheap.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:[/quote']

Yes i know the venue, i was talking about Elgin as a whole and in particular the Mythical venue the Pinegrove Hotel, which changed to a Lap Danceing bar :up: then a church :down:

I wonder what those church goers would make of the days we used to blast, Slayer,Deicide, Carcass, Napalm Death and any other godforsaken racket at there place of worship :devil: not forgetting the great bands that used to play there Korpse, Inextremis,Fester,The Loreli,Overdrive ( they played puff the magic drug on speed - really needed to be heard) along with many local metal/thrash/death metal bands. Aye those were the days :cheers::rockon:

Just before it drives me mad, do i know either of you two french_disko and offramp if you remember the Piner than i surely must 8o

Yes i know the venue' date=' i was talking about Elgin as a whole and in particular the Mythical venue the Pinegrove Hotel, which changed to a Lap Danceing bar :up: then a church :down:

I wonder what those church goers would make of the days we used to blast, Slayer,Deicide, Carcass, Napalm Death and any other godforsaken racket at there place of worship :devil: not forgetting the great bands that used to play there Korpse, Inextremis,Fester,The Loreli,Overdrive ( they played puff the magic drug on speed - really needed to be heard) along with many local metal/thrash/death metal bands. Aye those were the days :cheers::rockon:

Just before it drives me mad, do i know either of you two [b']french_disko and offramp if you remember the Piner than i surely must 8o

I'm assuming I know you. You said your name was Donnie on another thread, and I only know one Donnie from Elgin.

You're second name begins with "S" right?

You know me, but I'm nae quite as "me(n)tal as you.

Cheers you pair that helps me out soooo much :)

I think the link to my website kinda gives the game away offramp. :O

God i just had an awful thought i was even a DJ at the Piner for a while :rockon:

....now that must have been hell Pearl Jam and Soundgarden to Slayer' date='Carcass and Napalm Death :woohoo:[/quote']

woops never saw that.

Suspicions confirmed. I know you. You know me.

Gone mad yet?

Hey all Elgin folk...I'm a Cullen loon but its close enough I guess.

Would this be the same game as Murderball? A medicine ball in the centre of the gym and the two teams one at the each end have to bulldog their way to the opposite side of the gym with the ball, the effect being two walls of people kicking the shite out of each other as they clash to rob the ball from the other. Popular in Borstals for getting rid of all that aggression and immortalised in "Scum".