aberdeen-music

Slightly weird?

Rach_69

I think that the last thing a 17 year old pregnant girl needs is a bunch of superior whatevers bitching about her on a public website for fucks sake' date='

Show a bit of fucking dignity and discretion.......????[/quote']

I agree at 17 I was pregnant , and i tell you all the shit she has given her mum is nothing to what she is going though right now its scary as f**k and she prob has her fair share of problems. Teenage pregnancy maybe her saviour

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think this is the sort of thing that you should be publicising on a message board.

Also, we definitely do NOT need more neds. I'm certainly not feeling particularly well disposed towards them right now after a couple of girls I know randomly had a couple of them kindly attempt to beat the fuck out of them the other night, and then proceed to follow us back into Kef and get my mate chucked out because he pushed one of them who was trying to "brak his face." Not that I'm bitter or anything! :D

Also, a ned punched me in the face on a bus a while back for looking at him the wrong way. Anyone else got any ned related complaints?

I just don't think this is the sort of thing that you should be publicising on a message board.

Also' date=' we definitely do NOT need more neds. I'm certainly not feeling particularly well disposed towards them right now after a couple of girls I know randomly had a couple of them kindly attempt to beat the fuck out of them the other night, and then proceed to follow us back into Kef and get my mate chucked out because he pushed one of them who was trying to "brak his face." Not that I'm bitter or anything! :D

Also, a ned punched me in the face on a bus a while back for looking at him the wrong way. Anyone else got any ned related complaints?[/quote']

See above post!

BTW I don't buy into this arguement that we have a bunch of "superior" people here making judgments or that people have some kind of right to be a chav because they are poor - I'm from a working class family where the dole office wasn't a far away land, my brother got his girlfriend pregnant when they were both 17 too but we still didn't turn out chavs. Some people choose to get on with their lifes and other are content to be idle clueless pricks. There is no reason for this. We live in a country where free education is a right enjoyed by all so ignorance is no excuse.

<climbs down from high horse>

Anyway, this thread has kind've strayed from the original post by Rach - maybe we should start a new one?

Also' date=' we definitely do NOT need more neds. I'm certainly not feeling particularly well disposed towards them right now after a couple of girls I know randomly had a couple of them kindly attempt to beat the fuck out of them the other night, and then proceed to follow us back into Kef and get my mate chucked out because he pushed one of them who was trying to "brak his face." Not that I'm bitter or anything! :D

Also, a ned punched me in the face on a bus a while back for looking at him the wrong way. Anyone else got any ned related complaints?[/quote']

WISE UP

Babies are not neds

born with a blank slate - give the kid a chance

also if she\he is like most kids he\she will rebel against his\her parents and become alternatiive or something similar since when do we become exactly like our parents I certainly did not!

my only problem with babies being born to a ned is that they are more likely to be victims of neglect not that oh no they might beat me up

Also...ned-ism isn't limited to working class folk. I was a Mastrick loon' date=' but the big nutter at my school was a moneyed son of a councillor, who just enjoyed being violent!!!!![/quote']

yeah if i was to follow the sterotype i should be soooooo nedish by now but having a kid at 17 woke me up

WISE UP

Babies are not neds

born with a blank slate - give the kid a chance

also if she\he is like most kids he\she will rebel against his\her parents and become alternatiive or something similar since when do we become exactly like our parents I certainly did not!

Of course you realise that the opposite also holds true - children with "alternative" parents might rebel by "going chav"

my only problem with babies being born to a ned is that they are more likely to be victims of neglect not that oh no they might beat me up

This is true, sadly, very true.

Hey, I agree entirely, i wasn't saying that the kid is automatically going to be a ned. I just noticed other people mentioning neds earlier in the thread and I have a real axe to grind with them. I have every faith that nobody is born programmed to be a ned or otherwise, least of all a kid I know nothing about. No offence meant to anyone here other than real, anti-social neds. Granted it was misplaced and easily misunderstood in this thread, but it has nothing to do with this particular kid.

Hey' date=' I agree entirely, i wasn't saying that the kid is automatically going to be a ned. I just noticed other people mentioning neds earlier in the thread and I have a real axe to grind with them. I have every faith that nobody is born programmed to be a ned or otherwise, least of all a kid I know nothing about. No offence meant to anyone here other than real, anti-social neds. Granted it was misplaced and easily misunderstood in this thread, but it has nothing to do with this particular kid.[/quote']

I am sorry too I am just touchy about this subject

Of course you realise that the opposite also holds true - children with "alternative" parents might rebel by "going chav".

you know I worry about this! as soon as he said his first "I am nae dein that" I was totally shocked and explained to him why he shouldn't say it like that now he goes around correcting peoples Aberdeen accents especially my mum who is not to please ooops

Hey' date=' I agree entirely, i wasn't saying that the kid is automatically going to be a ned. I just noticed other people mentioning neds earlier in the thread and I have a real axe to grind with them. I have every faith that nobody is born programmed to be a ned or otherwise, least of all a kid I know nothing about. No offence meant to anyone here other than real, anti-social neds. Granted it was misplaced and easily misunderstood in this thread, but it has nothing to do with this particular kid.[/quote']

Which is why I suggested a new thread to allow everyone proper space to vent their anti-ned venom!

"Hey, pal, c'n ye spare a fag" the Ned said to the Dalek,

but the Dalek never gave him a reply.

"Gie's a fag ye one-eyed prick!" the Ned was heard to say,

but the Dalek only whirred and passed him by.

"I'll kick yer shiny metal erse! " said Ned, then swung his boot.

With a "clang" he hit the Dalek from the rear.

"Exterminate!" was all he heard....a 'zap' was all he saw,

and Ned just seemed to glow, then disappear.

(moral of this 'poem'...Daleks can seriously damage your health).

Guest Jake Wifebeater
To Rach herself or the junkie who knocked up her niece?

This is a bad choice of words, implying that the girl herself had no part in getting pregnant. She didn't "fall" pregnant, she GOT pregnant. The reason she GOT pregnant is that she and the guy fucked, two consenting adults here, the girl isn't a "victim" or "was taken advantage of" or anything like that. Mealy-mouthed rubbish like that just encourages abdication of responsibilty on the girl's part, which is a crock of warm horse-shit.

Right, now that's done with, I'm getting a bit disturbed by some of the right-wing garbage I've been reading here. My partner recently had a beautiful baby girl and life's pretty peachy. Yes, my partner chooses to smoke and yes, the welfare state is proving a great help but if anyone tries to imply that this makes her a "chav" or a "ned" I am going to kick their teeth so far down their fucking throat they are going to have to stick a toothbrush up their arse to brush them. I see the stereotype up to a point, I often catch the 17 and 23 buses and some of the "people" you see pushing buggies makes you wonder if compulsory sterilisation should be an option! It's strange, you need a licence to own a dog but anyone can just go ahead and have children, and this doesn't seem right somehow. However, please, PLEASE don't just assume that anyone who is a parent claiming benefits is just filthy, drug-addled slum scum.

Delly was bang on about raising children, and if our beautiful wee girl goes around telling people off for talking Doric instead of English then I will consider that a parenting job very well done. Delly, take a bow.

This is a bad choice of words' date=' implying that the girl herself had no part in getting pregnant. She didn't "fall" pregnant, she GOT pregnant. The reason she GOT pregnant is that she and the guy fucked, two consenting adults here, the girl isn't a "victim" or "was taken advantage of" or anything like that. Mealy-mouthed rubbish like that just encourages abdication of responsibilty on the girl's part, which is a crock of warm horse-shit.

[/quote']

Apologies, the question was light-hearted and aimed at Gumpy.

However, please, PLEASE don't just assume that anyone who is a parent claiming benefits is just filthy, drug-addled slum scum.

I couldn't agree more with that.

I came across a couple recently, both unemployed, just having recently had a new baby and were therefore claiming benefits, but both optimistic that one of them would get back into work and certainly were providing a happy, healthy environment for the new baby.