aberdeen-music

Train Times

Mouse

Guest Scorge Spike
Anywhere I can get train times online? I've tried Virgin' date=' the train line and GNER and none of their databases let you check times over 3 months time.[/quote']

http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/content/timetables/index.php#routes

The reason that no-one will give you train timetables for more than three months at a time is because the rail network is in such a fucking state. Network Rail continue to shut long stretches of rail with even shorter periods of notice than they're actually allowed to give in the Railways Charter (hah, no surprise), thus the inabilty to accurately convey projected timetables for various routes.

Errr, didn't mean to go off on a rant, hope that helps.

Guest Scorge Spike
^ that and the fact the rail timetables change in May for summer

Wher we can all rejoice as cancellations kick in, cutbacks in decent services ensue, and continued overcrowding and delays makes us wonder why we bother. I would have said increased fares, but that's already been done. Over the value of inflation. Again.

Thank fuck I don't commute by train every day anymore, it was an unholy fucking nightmare most of the time.

Guest Scorge Spike
dunno much about increased fares they dropped the price of the apex fare to 19.50

Problem with the good old APEX is that they're a) rare to find at the lowest fare, b) heavily restricted in when you can travel with them, c) have to be booked significantly in advance, and worst of all d) if your scheduled train does a disappearing-to-the-depot-for-repairs-act, then you'll need to fork out the full fare to catch the next one. Lord help you if you need a replacement bus - you double your journey time, and you won't even get on it if you have a sizeable quantity of luggage.

In theory the APEX sounds good, in practise it's very very risky........