aberdeen-music

The Mill Recording Studio?

Tav

Photoshop a Marshall stack' date=' drum kit, bass rig etc etc on that poor buggers bike and you'll see my dilemma ;)[/quote']

There is a trace elliot bass stack but di's the way to go, the house kit is good, well maintained and Niall knows how to get the best sound from it, I would also be surprised if you couldnt get a usable sound from the guitar gear at the studio. And there must be someone who's cock you can suck for a lift out...!!

There is a trace elliot bass stack but di's the way to go' date=' the house kit is good, well maintained and Niall knows how to get the best sound from it, I would also be surprised if you couldnt get a usable sound from the guitar gear at the studio. And there must be someone who's cock you can suck for a lift out...!![/quote']

House kit, unless it's changed in the last 18 months is a Tama Granstar 6-piece (or maybe its a 5, cant remember).....very nice though. All Zildjian cymbals - As and Ks...records very well. Even made me sound good once......

• 5 years later...
Guest texjamm
BUMP

Anyone got any recording done at the Mill so i can here the quality they normally do? A few done at different times to compare would be awesome, but anything at all would be great.

Hi,

We recorded a demo out there a few years back and have a few of the tracks on our webpage - Groove Cruise - Audio Page

We were pleased with the results and would definitely use The Mill again. :up:

Mike

Guest idol_wild
BUMP

Anyone got any recording done at the Mill so i can here the quality they normally do? A few done at different times to compare would be awesome, but anything at all would be great.

Here's a download link to a Kartta track we recorded there last year called Equations For A Falling Body. It's got 3 guitars, vocals, bass and drums on it and it was recorded March 2009, if I remember correctly.

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution

The quality isn't terrible in that place. I would recommend going in for a one-off session to test it out and see how you get on with the staff, etc. It's a comfortable space, though they could do with kitting it out with slightly better house gear - it'd help attract more custom, I think.

Guest idol_wild

Here's another one called RMTC. This is the track I am most pleased with from the batch from the sessions we did at The Mill. Same set-up: 3 guitars, vocals, bass and drums. As per before, recorded March 2009, I think.

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution