The Grim Northern Social - Drummonds Sat 5th March

The Grim Northern Social

Saturday 5th March

Cafe Drummonds

Door Tax t.b.c. (im guessing 3)

www.thegrimnorthernsocial.com

"Grim have a sound all their own and it'll blow back your ears."

Austin360 (March 04)

"The Grim Northern Social is more than just another UK band. It is THE UK BAND. Socially infectious songs with anthemic chords. 'David Gray on rock n roll steroids'. Pink FLoyd fronted by Freddie Mercury with a strong dose of Jagger. This band cannot only move your ass and feet but tug at your heart with original, AND I MEAN ORIGINAL, love songs like "Gasoline Queen". If you are in Austin for SXSW or anywhere on the third rock from the sun, do not overlook this band."

San Antonio Weekly (March 04)

"It's rock schizophrenia at its finest and MacFarlane's extraordinary voice swoops and soars through it all [...] as he pushes his larynx to ever loftier heights with a string of unfeasible whoops, hollers and shrieks [...] it's clear he's that rare thing - a natural born star."

PlayMusic (Feb 04)

Spread the word!

Andy

www.vocoustics.com

--

Ewan MacFarlane - Solo Acoustic Show

Cafe Drummonds - Wednesday 16th March - 3 from 8pm

Support from Amy Sawers (solo) & Ellie Mulhern

Edinburgh

OI Mulhearn, Ill set Bobb on you!

It was a wierd one.

We started badly but ended really well. The sound onstage was pretty bad and I was having heaps of trouble with my guitar sound.(Tried new pedal, probably my own fault) The monitors sounded great in soundcheck then dissapeared at the gig.Kind of puts you off a bit!

We'd also consumed a crate of Stella shortly before playing!(ahem, woops) .We could have and will play much better, was just one of those nights! However, it still seemed to go down well and had a great nite after nevertheless. It was (in a way) a good practice for this Friday.

The Beat Trap said the same about the sound when I spoke to them. That it sounded alright from the front but onstage you couldnt really do anything about it or tell what it was like!

The Beat Trap were pretty good and seemed like a good bunch of guys.Will be in attendance when they grace Aberdeen.

Thing is, Teviot is a great venue with normally good sound levels. The club nite after was ace, it was just a bad nite for us I think.It tends to happen on average about 1in7 gigs. However, its pretty much forgotten about as we then drank another two crates of beer afterwards and the gig is now only a distant memory...

Shame bout the sound, but it happens!

Im really looking forward to seeing The Beat Trap when they grace le Drummondo.

OI Mulhearn' date=' Ill set Bobb on you!

It was a wierd one.

We started badly but ended really well. The sound onstage was pretty bad and I was having heaps of trouble with my guitar sound.(Tried new pedal, probably my own fault) The monitors sounded great in soundcheck then dissapeared at the gig.Kind of puts you off a bit!

We'd also consumed a crate of Stella shortly before playing!(ahem, woops) .We could have and will play much better, was just one of those nights! However, it still seemed to go down well and had a great nite after nevertheless. It was (in a way) a good practice for this Friday.

The Beat Trap said the same about the sound when I spoke to them. That it sounded alright from the front but onstage you couldnt really do anything about it or tell what it was like!

The Beat Trap were pretty good and seemed like a good bunch of guys.Will be in attendance when they grace Aberdeen.

Thing is, Teviot is a great venue with normally good sound levels. The club nite after was ace, it was just a bad nite for us I think.It tends to happen on average about 1in7 gigs. However, its pretty much forgotten about as we then drank another two crates of beer afterwards and the gig is now only a distant memory...[/quote']

Grim Northern Social

I'm going to see them in the East Grange Loft on the 19th February.

Never heard them before but i've heard a lot of good things said about them!

Also they are playing at Keith Chaos Live on the 18th June and our band are playing on the bill that day as well. Totally looking forward to it!!

:band:

http://www.keithchaos.com

http://www.mindgoneblind.com

P.S. You can hear a couple of tracks from our debut e.p. at:

http://www.purevolume.com/mindgoneblind

What size/capacity is the Loft? i never been up there.

if its quite small it would be a great gig!

It's quite small. Went to see Idlewild there a couple of weeks ago and there were only 100 tickets for sale so i reckon it would possibly hold about 120.

Great place for a gig! Only problem is it's location, a bit out of the way, between Elgin and Forres.

Worth going to though!! :up:

Grim Northern Social were fantastic on saturday night at The Loft!

First time i've heard them' date=' amazing band. Can't wait to play Keith Chaos on the same bill as them!

:band:[/quote']

I made it up to the gig - drove up in the snow! 2hrs there 2hrs back but worth it. :D

Yes fantastic - it was the most energetic/schizophrenic performance ive seen by Ewan. He had a wee sore throat, but it didnt show - the whiskey he was necking seemed to help!

and a great venue really liked it!

Photos from the gig will be up on www.vocoustics.com soon...

• 2 weeks later...