aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
lepeep

Benny From Broccoli, dead ?

anyone heard this news ?

I just heard from C, that Benny (the old bassplayer from Dundee band "Broccoli") is dead.

anyone know any more ?

I know he left Broccoli before they split, and started out as a stand up comedian...but fit the fuck ?....

peep

PS< for the twats that haven't heard of broccoli, think "fucking ace music, a head of its time" (Franky Stubbs from Leatherface recorded them, along with Dungdee's songsters "appleorchard" )

blah.

shit.

i havent heard anything of him dying but that really is shit. Broccoli come from a fine era of punk bands. Thr drummer from Skimmer (from the same crop of bands that are likely to be found on Crackle Records) commited suicide a few months back too. Real shame.

found out on jockrock site a couple of weeks back

Broccoli were an excellent band, they came up to Peterheid and wowed the locals- who were more used to cover bands ,their drummer played the best kick patterns imaginable ,one of the best bands from Scotland I've ever seen .

yeah, I found that on Jock Rock after posting that yesterday...

It's strange, as I was in dundee on monday, and I bought AppleOrchards lp for 1....

I read the "thanks" and benny was in there, I then get an email from C yesterday about his death.

wierd...or co-inkidink ?