aberdeen-music

Dragonforce....?

Dan G

Don't know if anyone remembered but I wrote two power metal songs ages ago:

Master Of Storms

The wind in my hair and the shield on my back,

Together we stand as we wait for attack.

Our swords in our hands as we look to the sky,

The banshees and warlocks shall face us and die!

The clarion sounds let the battle begin,

Our magical dragons will ensure that we'll win.

The crashing of thunder is heard through the land,

I'm a master of metal and this is my band!

Deafening,

Frightening.

My magic is stronger than lightning!

CHORUS:

Master of Storms -

My magic defeated your swords and your steel

Master of storms -

My power reheated your microwave meal

We ride across plains slaying all in our way,

Our armour is spandex and metal we'll stay.

We paint the hills red from the blood we have spilled,

The wizards are vanquished and demons are killed.

Victorious in battles from the snow to the sand,

Our legend will reign and be told through the land.

My sword has the strength of a legion of kings,

I'm a master of metal and my axe has six strings!

Deafening,

Frightening.

CHORUS:

Master of Storms -

Master of storms -

Where Dragons Fly And Heroes Die (Swords In The Wind)

The Legions of warriors

They storm through the land,

As dragons breathe fire

To kill on command.

Through forests and mountains

With swords raised to sky,

The heroes have come here

To fight 'til they die!

CHORUS:

Swords in the wind!

The dragon breathes fire

Swords in the wind!

To kill with desire

Swords in the wind!

The dragon flies higher

Swords In the wind!

These lyrics are dire

A battleground plagued

With the ice, wind and snow,

As steel strikes steel

Hear cries from below.

I stand with my blade

I'm defiant in battle.

My magic destroyed

Every band from Seattle.

CHORUS:

Swords in the wind!

The dragon breathes fire

Swords in the wind!

To kill with desire

Swords in the wind!

The dragon flies higher

Swords In the wind!

These lyrics are dire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone remembered but I wrote two power metal songs ages ago:

Master Of Storms

The wind in my hair and the shield on my back' date='

Together we stand as we wait for attack.

Our swords in our hands as we look to the sky,

The banshees and warlocks shall face us and die!

The clarion sounds let the battle begin,

Our magical dragons will ensure that we'll win.

The crashing of thunder is heard through the land,

I'm a master of metal and this is my band!

Deafening,

Frightening.

CHORUS:

Master of Storms -

Master of storms -

We ride across plains slaying all in our way,

Our armour is spandex and metal we'll stay.

We paint the hills red from the blood we have spilled,

The wizards are vanquished and demons are killed.

Victorious in battles from the snow to the sand,

Our legend will reign and be told through the land.

My sword has the strength of a legion of kings,

I'm a master of metal and my axe has six strings!

Deafening,

Frightening.

CHORUS:

Master of Storms -

Master of storms -

[b']Where Dragons Fly And Heroes Die (Swords In The Wind)

The Legions of warriors

They storm through the land,

As dragons breathe fire

To kill on command.

Through forests and mountains

With swords raised to sky,

The heroes have come here

To fight 'til they die!

CHORUS:

Swords in the wind!

The dragon breathes fire

Swords in the wind!

To kill with desire

Swords in the wind!

The dragon flies higher

Swords In the wind!

These lyrics are dire

A battleground plagued

With the ice, wind and snow,

As steel strikes steel

Hear cries from below.

I stand with my blade

I'm defiant in battle.

My magic destroyed

Every band from Seattle.

CHORUS:

Swords in the wind!

The dragon breathes fire

Swords in the wind!

To kill with desire

Swords in the wind!

The dragon flies higher

Swords In the wind!

These lyrics are dire

Phew - 2 songs down for the next cd :rockon:

There's good emo there's bad emo. There's good rock, there's bad rock. There's good metal, there's bad metal.

In have a friend, he claims he's not a fussy eater, it's just that he doesn't like fish, or vegetables, or fruit...

To rule out a whole genre of music is like ruling out a whole foodgroup. It demonstrates a serious deficiency in taste.

From the reports I've heard MMW are a very good tight band. Dan's certainly a very tidy guitar player, so if the other musicians are of a similar calibre then yes my guess is I'd like them whatever genre they are representative of.

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
There's good emo there's bad emo. There's good rock' date=' there's bad rock. There's good metal, there's bad metal.

In have a friend, he claims he's not a fussy eater, it's just that he doesn't like fish, or vegetables, or fruit...

To rule out a whole genre of music is like ruling out a whole foodgroup. It demonstrates a serious deficiency in taste.

From the reports I've heard MMW are a very good tight band. Dan's certainly a very tidy guitar player, so if the other musicians are of a similar calibre then yes my guess is I'd like them whatever genre they are representative of.[/quote']

Hey there,

you can check out

www.purevolume.com/mymindsweapon

www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

and have a listen to some tracks if you like.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I saw a Dragonforce vido last night! It made me laugh so much the Coke I was drinking came scooshing out of my nose!

It was hilarious - There was a weird keyboard keeping in time with the widdly - widdly guitar (8 solos present and correct on this tune!)

The most amazing bit was where one of the guitarists went beside the bass player - keyboard guy is still thrapping the keys - and started a true widdly - widdly in the truest sense of the widdles solo. While this was going on the screen split and the two stringsmen move into a small box in the bottom left hand corner of the screen while the remainder was filled up by the other guitarist downing a bottle of beer! Yes!

The singer looks like a failed "adult entertainer."

I haven't laughed so much for ages! Dragonforce!

There's an in-joke with fantasy power metal a lot of people don't get. If those bands took themselves even slightly seriously I'd be worried, but very few of them do. It's like watching a Conan the Barbarian film, it's camp as fuck but that's why it's hilariously entertaining.

A lot of people who slate fantasy power metal don't have any problem with a great deal of metal bands who growl utter pish about 'the system' and the 'I have no God' standard, with clumsy metaphors and no melody. In power metal you can't scrape a record contract by drop-tuning and shouting loudly. I'm a fan of metalcore, it's passionate, but the contrast in musical ability is huge.

We play power metal, and only one of our songs is a very purposeful cliched in-joke. It's called Dominate. It contains the lyrics 'March, Fight, Destroy. Slay Them All.'

It's catchy, it's camp, and the lyrics are hilariously shite. That's the point. While people who don't 'get it' are laughing because they look down on it, we're all laughing at the in-joke and laughing at the people who don't get it even more. When they ask why we like it, we tell them it's 'Real Metal' and raise our ale. Then they get even more irate and we laugh even more. It's about having fun.

I used to come away from metal gigs saying 'yeah it was a good night, good pits and my nose got broken', and that was a good gig. Now I sing power metal instead of metalcore I have a much better night singing with the crowd, drinking too much beer and falling over waving a plastic sword. The lyrics of fantasy power metal aren't serious, people who take the piss need to realise this, even though it's funnier when they don't. It's a laugh, and if you're in on the joke it's the most entertaining contemporary metal style there is.

There's an in-joke with fantasy power metal a lot of people don't get. If those bands took themselves even slightly seriously I'd be worried' date=' but very few of them do. It's like watching a Conan the Barbarian film, it's camp as fuck but that's why it's hilariously entertaining.

A lot of people who slate fantasy power metal don't have any problem with a great deal of metal bands who growl utter pish about 'the system' and the 'I have no God' standard, with clumsy metaphors and no melody. In power metal you can't scrape a record contract by drop-tuning and shouting loudly. I'm a fan of metalcore, it's passionate, but the contrast in musical ability is huge.

We play power metal, and only one of our songs is a very purposeful cliched in-joke. It's called Dominate. It contains the lyrics 'March, Fight, Destroy. Slay Them All.'

It's catchy, it's camp, and the lyrics are hilariously shite. That's the point. While people who don't 'get it' are laughing because they look down on it, we're all laughing at the in-joke and laughing at the people who don't get it even more. When they ask why we like it, we tell them it's 'Real Metal' and raise our ale. Then they get even more irate and we laugh even more. It's about having fun.

I used to come away from metal gigs saying 'yeah it was a good night, good pits and my nose got broken', and that was a good gig. Now I sing power metal instead of metalcore I have a much better night singing with the crowd, drinking too much beer and falling over waving a plastic sword. The lyrics of fantasy power metal aren't serious, people who take the piss need to realise this, even though it's funnier when they don't. It's a laugh, and if you're in on the joke it's the most entertaining contemporary metal style there is.[/quote']

what a good post!

Power metal was never ment (as far as i can tell) to be the most serious heart felt music ever made, but its fucking good for what it is.

I love it because of how cheesy it is, i mean can you think of any band that is move victorious sounding than dragonforce? The live show was amazing as well, yes it was so overly cheesy and dramatic but if that kinda music had been performed any differently i would never of come away as happy.

Basically if you want music that has deap meaning look somewhere else, if you want fun metal with awesome guitar solos, listen to dragonforce. :)

Here, I've uploaded the clip;

http://media.putfile.com/marchfightdestroy

Bear in mind it's live and at the end of the set, so my voice was a bit knackered but you get the idea.

Cheese is awesome.

Here's a clip of one of the regular songs, minus the hammer-waving mightiness;

http://media.putfile.com/burnthesky

We now have a much better drummer. Black Atom, we'd fucking love to support you guys if you're up for some heavy metal and beer sometime in April/May.

We're recording our demo in about a month' date=' I'm very tempted to put Dan Atom's songs to music and post them on here. If we get the gear for a good few days I'll post a thread and sing whatever you give me.

My Pow-errr reheat-ed your micro-wave meeeeealllll!!!![/quote']

You're very welcome to use my lyrics... :D (Although if they ever get used please give me credit where it is due)

what a good post!

Basically if you want music that has deap meaning look somewhere else' date=' if you want fun metal with awesome guitar solos, listen to dragonforce. :)[/quote']

I agree with the above wholeheartedly!

It's a laugh, innit! The Japanese guy has simply the best "facial workout" when cranking out the solos! And the singer's delivery is amazing!

If they played Aberdeen I'd get silly drunk and go and enjoy the fun!

Can anyone recreate the solos featured on the current Dragonforce single? I'd be well impressed if they could! (Bet no - one can replicate the technical wizardry of the keyboard parts, though!)

Icarus Falls - I'm at your next gig :up: