aberdeen-music

Dragonforce....?

Dan G

Guest Scorge Spike

You honestly think MMW are emo?

Have a listen to some recent material e.g. 'Play Dead'

http://www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

Is this what you think emo is?

Sorry Dan, but if that song isn't emo then I'm the fucking pope.

I'll try and source a Dragonforce boot though I fear that still wouldn't do their brilliance justice (nor will us lot doing a cover either), so I think it's a case of agreeing to strongly disagree.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Scorge, the words you speak are excrement to my ears.

What makes that song emo - honestly? Is it the:

harmonised metal riff,

double bass drumming matching with triplet-y rhythm guitar pre-chorus,

uplifting chorus with lead guitar harmony over the top,

long instrumental section featuring key changes to lydian etc,

guitar solo (half of which is harmonised including the sweep picking bit - how emo is that!),

Fucked up timing breakdown

chorus again

Another breakdown to end

Now fuck off back to the vatican your holiness. ;)

(just kidding about the wink, I hate you)

Doc, I don't like labelling music as such but if forced to I would just call MMW modern hardcore/metal. If people want to call it emo - then that's up to them, but it really shows their lack of knowledge concerning music or just the willingness to label anything that sounds vaguely modern 'emo'

Dan (not jamesy)

i dunno i reckon you should all shut the fuck up cause you all getting on my fucking japs eye.

Dan listens to some of the best fucking music around ok some of the stuff I THINK is a bit questionable but hey thats just me.

MMW are not my kind of thing but i don't constantly knock them for it becuase well fuck that can only make them stronger

so just shut the fuck up

ps dragonforce vs f4af hehehehe kidding ...

Guest Scorge Spike
i dunno i reckon you should all shut the fuck up cause you all getting on my fucking japs eye.

Dan listens to some of the best fucking music around ok some of the stuff I THINK is a bit questionable but hey thats just me.

MMW are not my kind of thing but i don't constantly knock them for it becuase well fuck that can only make them stronger

so just shut the fuck up

It's all banter Calum. Honest. ;)

ps dragonforce vs f4af hehehehe kidding ...

Dragonforce - probably best live band I've ever seen.

FFAF - probably worst live band I've ever seen. And I'm not kidding.......

have any of you seen the video for hangar 18 haahahahaha check it out

infact go to play.com and get the hard n heavy dvd vol 5

for megadeth,testament,anthrax,sepultura,thin lizzy,death angel,exodus and iron maiden

each with a video and interview

you also get a trivia for each band yipppie

all for about 8 incld p&p

Scorge' date=' the words you speak are excrement to my ears.

What makes that song emo - honestly? Is it the:

harmonised metal riff,

double bass drumming matching with triplet-y rhythm guitar pre-chorus,

uplifting chorus with lead guitar harmony over the top,

long instrumental section featuring key changes to lydian etc,

guitar solo (half of which is harmonised including the sweep picking bit - how emo is that!),

Fucked up timing breakdown

chorus again

Another breakdown to end

Now fuck off back to the vatican your holiness. ;)

(just kidding about the wink, I hate you)

Doc, I don't like labelling music as such but if forced to I would just call MMW modern hardcore/metal. If people want to call it emo - then that's up to them, but it really shows their lack of knowledge concerning music or just the willingness to label anything that sounds vaguely modern 'emo'

Dan (not jamesy)[/quote']

WOW!!! You're a cunt!! Congratulations. MMW are as emo as they come mate - face it... its emo. Calling it anything else is like Daphne & Celeste trying to fit in at Reading Festival, and we all know how that went.

So, how about you fuck off and come back when you can admit to the fact that it is emo and emo is turds.

The only music to my ears at Maiden was the huge cheer when the took the Funeral for a Friend banner down. They really are the worse thing I have ever seen.

WOW!!! You're a cunt!! Congratulations. MMW are as emo as they come mate - face it... its emo. Calling it anything else is like Daphne & Celeste trying to fit in at Reading Festival' date=' and we all know how that went.

So, how about you fuck off and come back when you can admit to the fact that it is emo and emo is turds.

The only music to my ears at Maiden was the huge cheer when the took the Funeral for a Friend banner down. They really are the worse thing I have ever seen.[/quote']

Well you're as open-minded as a brick.

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
WOW!!! You're a cunt!! Congratulations. MMW are as emo as they come mate - face it... its emo. Calling it anything else is like Daphne & Celeste trying to fit in at Reading Festival' date=' and we all know how that went.

The only music to my ears at Maiden was the huge cheer when the took the Funeral for a Friend banner down. They really are the worse thing I have ever seen.[/quote']

Sour apples from the ill-informed knobber then...

haha come back when you know what your goin on about mate. If your so intent on putting bands into genres at least get them right, that way you wont look as big an idiot as you do at the moment when you try and argue about it.

Guest Scorge Spike

Right, this has gone too fucking far.

Doc - I know what you're saying and I agree with it in principle, but there's no point in throwing a personal attack to go with it. Let's draw a line and concentrate on making sure we tear a hole in everyone's arses (yes, including MMW :D) when we get out and about, and let the music do the talking ;)......

Dan - Like I said before, I'd prefer to agree to disagree because I no longer see the point in trying to sell you Dragonforce when you're clearly not interested. Similarly, I'll refrain from the emo debate (even if Jake doesn't ;)) because in pure text form this thread is beginning to look horrid.

Out.

Calm down. There's no need to be so holier-than-thou all the time. Just because you (or I for that matter) don't like emo it doesn't mean it's shit. If it brings joy and musical bliss to a certain group of people then good on them. Do you really think everyone should be the same? Because that seems a bit nazi-like to me. If I think that Power Metal sucks balls (which, as it happens, I do) then it doesn't make me any worse than you, and if you think it does, then you're even more deluded than this thread makes you seem...

...true metal?! What the fuck is that all about? That's the most elitist bunch of crap I've ever read. This is worse than those fucking anti-scenesters who think they're the coolest because they don't like anything.

So' date=' how about you fuck off and come back when you can admit to the fact that it is emo and emo is turds.

[/quote']

Fuck off? What, from the black atom forum?

Ok, I will refrain from posting on my own band's forum in the future, because you said so Doc. Gid een.

Anyway. Look, if you want to call MMW shit fair enough - I really couldn't care. But I just find it so amusing that anything a narrow-minded metaller such as yourself doesn't like is classed as 'emo'. The lyrics aren't even emo for fuck sake... but if you really think MMW is emo, at least tell me why to back up your argument? You've avoided every single question along those lines.

I started a thread about Dragonforce because I wanted to. I had no pre-concieved ideas about the band before I heard them... if I'd have thought they were good this would have been a "Dragonforce...wow, they're good!" thread. But I don't like them and surprise, surprise - the emo-bashing-brigade turns up because I said I didn't like dragonforce.

So, sir, I suggest you fuck off and go and play with your warhammer figures. Or if you don't own any, go and write some lyrics about them for your next power metal project so you can be just like all your favourite bands.

Fuck off? What' date=' from the black atom forum?

Ok, I will refrain from posting on my own band's forum in the future, because you said so Doc. Gid een.

Anyway. Look, if you want to call MMW shit fair enough - I really couldn't care. But I just find it so amusing that anything a narrow-minded metaller such as yourself doesn't like is classed as 'emo'. The lyrics aren't even emo for fuck sake... but if you really think MMW is emo, at least tell me why to back up your argument? You've avoided every single question along those lines.

I started a thread about Dragonforce because I wanted to. I had no pre-concieved ideas about the band before I heard them... if I'd have thought they were good this would have been a "Dragonforce...wow, they're good!" thread. But I don't like them and surprise, surprise - the emo-bashing-brigade turns up because I said I didn't like dragonforce.

So, sir, I suggest you fuck off and go and play with your warhammer figures. Or if you don't own any, go and write some lyrics about them for your next power metal project so you can be just like all your favourite bands.[/quote']

Well you came out with the lovely "Fuck off" suggestion first to Scorge. And I never directly said MMW were shit, I don't think I have ever called another local band shit (maybe once or twice but they really were cack..). I'm in a local band, it doesn't make sense calling them all shit because i'm in one and it's not really polite - i save that for actual bands like MCR and Good Charlotte and that junk.

I am merely saying, that, to me, MMW are what I would class as an "emo" band. The whole sound comes across that way, as does the songwriting, and to me - that is what I would call it. Its the riffs and the singing all together.

I dont have any Warhammer figures, nor do I wish to own such items. And no, no songs about dragons yet either.

And I haven't rhymed fire with desire.

...one day.

End Thread.

And I never directly said MMW were shit

Although you said that MMW are emo and that all emo is shit... which is close enough...

Well you came out with the lovely "Fuck off" suggestion first to Scorge.

I was taking the piss! Scorge does that all the time, so I'm sure it was within my rights to...

Anyways, I don't really like arguing with people so I suggest we let bygones (not dragons) be bygones and all sing a happy song instead :)

Although you said that MMW are emo and that all emo is shit... which is close enough...

I was taking the piss! Scorge does that all the time' date=' so I'm sure it was within my rights to...

Anyways, I don't really like arguing with people so I suggest we let bygones (not dragons) be bygones and all sing a happy song instead :)[/quote']

Yes I dont like that musical style but I would never say, MMW are shit! You guys are in a local band just like me just trying to play and have fun and shit, and thats really all cool by me. So I have no right to call you shit, however, I can say that I am not a fan of you're music style.

But yes I agree bygones and I'll get the campfire going with Hearts on Fire playing!

...And Dayeth I sincerely apologise... but one day. One glorious day I'll come out with a jusifiable Fire/Desire and it will shine in a blaze of glory.

I also wouldn't mind trying out Dragon and Flagon? I don't thikn i've seen this one attempted!

"Slaying the dragons as we drink from our Flagons!" oh dear god what have I done

Guest Scorge Spike
Yes I dont like that musical style but I would never say' date=' MMW are shit! You guys are in a local band just like me just trying to play and have fun and shit, and thats really all cool by me. So I have no right to call you shit, however, I can say that I am not a fan of you're music style.

But yes I agree bygones and I'll get the campfire going with Hearts on Fire playing!

...And Dayeth I sincerely apologise... but one day. One glorious day I'll come out with a jusifiable Fire/Desire and it will shine in a blaze of glory.

I also wouldn't mind trying out Dragon and Flagon? I don't thikn i've seen this one attempted!

"Slaying the dragons as we drink from our Flagons!" oh dear god what have I done[/quote']

Thank fuck that's over.

PS: Better change your band(s) in the profile.......