Dragonforce....?

Dan G

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike
Are rubbish!

I was really looking forward to hearing them but when I finally did it made me realise why some power metal should just be banned. Technically they are very good etc etc but 7 or 8 guitar solos per song is taking the piss.

Sorry.

Only eight? Are you sure you listened to the whole song?

Not jealous are you? ;)

EDIT: I presume you won't want an invite to one of me/Doc/Gregor/Stew's upcoming gigs then? :D

Are rubbish!

I was really looking forward to hearing them but when I finally did it made me realise why some power metal should just be banned. Technically they are very good etc etc but 7 or 8 guitar solos per song is taking the piss.

Sorry.

Are you serious? You play guitar and you don't like dragonforce? Bit too fast for ya?

This makes me realise that all Emo should be banned - it is starting to cloud the minds of man y people.

Dragonforce are fucking awesome. Fucking awesome. And btw, Hanger 18 - how many solos?

It seems Black Atom has closed its doors to the future of real metal!! Tut tut tut.

Are you serious? You play guitar and you don't like dragonforce? Bit too fast for ya?

This makes me realise that all Emo should be banned - it is starting to cloud the minds of man y people.

Dragonforce are fucking awesome. Fucking awesome. And btw' date=' Hanger 18 - how many solos?

It seems Black Atom has closed its doors to the future of real metal!! Tut tut tut.[/quote']

"You play guitar but don't like Dragonforce?"

To me that's like saying "you like food but don't like eating dogshit on toast"...

I have nothing against lots of solos, I love guitar solos. But I prefer a good song. Theres no dynamics in what they do and it's just widdle widdle widdle. Just like watching an Yngwie video: amazing ability, but after a couple of songs it's boring.

I was just expecting a lot more from Dragonforce - and was gonna risk buying one of their albums... but then I actually heard them.

And Hangar 18's solos all sound different, I'd probably get pissed off if all Megadeth songs had a hundred solos. :D

And that emo comment - what 'emo' bands do I listen to Doc? I own the funeral for a friend CD (which isn't emo anyway) and please inform me of all these other bands that cloud my mind...

"You play guitar but don't like Dragonforce?"

To me that's like saying "you like food but don't like eating dogshit on toast"...

I have nothing against lots of solos' date=' I love guitar solos. But I prefer a good [i']song. Theres no dynamics in what they do and it's just widdle widdle widdle. Just like watching an Yngwie video: amazing ability, but after a couple of songs it's boring.

I was just expecting a lot more from Dragonforce - and was gonna risk buying one of their albums... but then I actually heard them.

And Hangar 18's solos all sound different, I'd probably get pissed off if all Megadeth songs had a hundred solos. :D

And that emo comment - what 'emo' bands do I listen to Doc? I own the funeral for a friend CD (which isn't emo anyway) and please inform me of all these other bands that cloud my mind...

I'll surpass the irony for a moment - the songs are not like that at all! Its REAL shredding not just widdle, and its melodic - their solos are melodies first... listen to Valley of the Damned solo for christs sake! Just awesome songs, with awesome melodies (both guitar and vocal) and choruses to die for. All this at 240bpm with double bass kicking you in the balls and Artificial harmonics jabbing a knife in your ears? You just cant beat it! And live, its like nothing else on this earth.

And I hate to say it, actually, i don't hate to say it - but Funeral for a Friend ARE emo. My mislead middle brother likes them, and by his own admission they are emo!

"The red poison of your lips is where I kiss the blood from?" PLEASE matey!! Its emo through and through!

Just like Dragonforce is power metal, Manowar is homo-erotic metal, Funeral are Emo! Thats how it is!

And Yngwie Malmsteen is total class.. he has great songs - if you want nothing but useless widdle widdle check out Michael Angelo Batio... now he is good, but just pointless widdling.

I must make this clear - i'm not trying to make this personal at all! Far from it' date=' but i know ur in My Minds Weapon and have seen you talk about FFAF and so I suggest to the jury that you like emo? Both of those bands being emo innit?[/quote']

You have seen me talk about FFAF therefore the logical conclusion is that I like emo?

I just saw you type the word "ur" instead of "you're" but that doesn't mean you're a 12 year old text-talking girl!

You honestly think MMW are emo?

Have a listen to some recent material e.g. 'Play Dead'

http://www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

Is this what you think emo is?

I personally don't listen to what most people classify as emo or post-hardcore, i.e. bands like Taking back Sunday, Thursday etc. but I have friends who do like that stuff. Although I don't necessarily like it, I am glad they have opened my eyes enough to see how narrow-minded and generalising the smelly long-haired metallers (I'm being ironic here) are when it comes to the whole emo thing.

Anyway, this isn't about emo - this is about the poop-ness of dragonforce (hahaha) so back to the subject...

If we're labelling things I believe Dragonforce are actually extreme power metal... ;)

I am impressed.. I stated them as power metal because I wasn't aware you're knowledge of them was quite so extensive. I have heard some of the MMW stuff, and yes, I would call that emo. As would all the other people that I know who have heard it!

If its not emo, kindly enlighten me - what genre would you portray the band as?

-Yes Batio is a truly awesome guitarist - its just his songs aren't as good as Malmsteens. No Boundaries is a work of genius but thats the best it gets imho. ANd his "Yngwie Can't Touch This" song just makes him look like a cunt!

I'm pretty sure that unleashed the fucking fury!!!