aberdeen-music

People who like Punk/Emo/Rock/Indie-Rock etc.

RicoAUBL

Might be interested in check out the bands we have playing at the moorings on saturday

Hitechjet (in at the deep end records)

Driving on the Right (bravestar records)

+ support from Falkirk punks Distorted Mind

For more information please have a look at this page

- as there's links and information and suchlike

http://www.aubl.net/g-feb19.htm

this is a gig plug

correct.

but it's also a general... whatdoyouthink, leave your comments here kinda deal too

:up:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band and venue are not compatible at this time. There are plenty of other venues that will suit Lost and plenty of other bands that will suit The Moorings. The numerous instances of sniping from various sources since the last time they played have not helped the situation. However should relations improve, then it is conceivable that differences may become resolved at some point in the future. This decision only relates to this particular gig.

its to do with various issues between the band and venue.
The band and venue are not compatible at this time.

That's rather disappointing.

you are barring Lost from playing the moorings?

They're just incompatible with the venue, not barred.

The band and venue are not compatible at this time. There are plenty of other venues that will suit Lost and plenty of other bands that will suit The Moorings. The numerous instances of sniping from various sources since the last time they played have not helped the situation. However should relations improve' date=' then it is conceivable that differences may become resolved at some point in the future. This decision only relates to this particular gig.[/quote']

Thats a rather stupid attitude to take i think, from what i gathered it wasn't the band at fault. But hey, you're entitled to dig your own grave if you wish. I only hope the moorings isn't the next venue to disappear from the aberdeen circuit because certain bands are 'incompatible' with it.

:down:

I think it's always the venues prerogative to decide who plays there and who doesn't. I don't think however, that the decision should be tainted by third parties on the boards. The reason given for them not appearing is all rather vague, but from what I'm reading here, it sounds like it was a mutual decision that Lost weren't to play.

Thats a rather stupid attitude to take i think' date=' from what i gathered it wasn't the band at fault. But hey, you're entitled to dig your own grave if you wish. I only hope the moorings isn't the next venue to disappear from the aberdeen circuit because certain bands are 'incompatible' with it.

:down:[/quote']

Alkaline you are not privvy to all the various goings on OK. So let's not go apportioning any blame. I'd much rather look to the future than continue picking at this particular scab because that's PARTIALLY what landed us here in the first place.

As for The Moorings dissapearing... that will only happen if I get really pissed of. We own the bar outright, and are not, and never will be under any financial pressures. Business revolves entirely around drinkers and drink sales. Live music costs us money and we do it because we want to, not because it makes any commercial sense. in fact it doesn't make any commercial sense!

But let's be quite clear about one thing: we are not running a public service or some sort of voluntary organisation. If we decide that we want to alter the format of soundchecks then that's the way it is. No amount of sniping will ever change that. If the absence of soundchecks make it impossible for bands to play, then that's just another nail in the coffin of live music at The Moorings.

Now if people want to go about claiming that this is causing a degredation in sound then so be it. But anyone that wants to find out for themselves can either attend a gig at the bar, or listen to the recordings of the gigs.

We are currently in the prcoess of producing 3 tracks by The Ghost of Bongo from the last time Lost played. Even the raw mic feeds are good enough to bang straight on a CD. Even the stereo room mic feeds are almost good enough to bang straight on a CD. Anyone that wants to hear them get in touch I'll be more than happy to demonstrate.

In addition we have completed recordings of Silence in the Streets and Identity from last week. Silence in the Streets used an electric drumkit, electric fiddle, 3 vocal mics, and one of the vocal mics was hooked up to an FX unit, as was the guitar. The vocalist was perfoming both on-stage and from the dancefloor. All this with only a level check and perfect sound from the git go.

But anyone wants to keep picking this scab then hey - be my guest.

If we decide that we want to alter the format of soundchecks then that's the way it is. No amount of sniping will ever change that. If the absence of soundchecks make it impossible for bands to play' date=' then that's just another nail in the coffin of live music at The Moorings.[/quote']

See kids, I guessed right!

Alkaline you are not privvy to all the various goings on OK. So let's not go apportioning any blame. I'd much rather look to the future than continue picking at this particular scab because that's PARTIALLY what landed us here in the first place.

As for The Moorings dissapearing... that will only happen if I get really pissed of. We own the bar outright' date=' and are not, and never will be under any financial pressures. Business revolves entirely around drinkers and drink sales. Live music costs us money and we do it because we want to, not because it makes any commercial sense. in fact it doesn't make any commercial sense!

But let's be quite clear about one thing: we are not running a public service or some sort of voluntary organisation. If we decide that we want to alter the format of soundchecks then that's the way it is. No amount of sniping will ever change that. If the absence of soundchecks make it impossible for bands to play, then that's just another nail in the coffin of live music at The Moorings.

Now if people want to go about claiming that this is causing a degredation in sound then so be it. But anyone that wants to find out for themselves can either attend a gig at the bar, or listen to the recordings of the gigs.

We are currently in the prcoess of producing 3 tracks by The Ghost of Bongo from the last time Lost played. Even the raw mic feeds are good enough to bang straight on a CD. Even the stereo room mic feeds are almost good enough to bang straight on a CD. Anyone that wants to hear them get in touch I'll be more than happy to demonstrate.

In addition we have completed recordings of Silence in the Streets and Identity from last week. Silence in the Streets used an electric drumkit, electric fiddle, 3 vocal mics, and one of the vocal mics was hooked up to an FX unit, as was the guitar. The vocalist was perfoming both on-stage and from the dancefloor. All this with only a level check and perfect sound from the git go.

But anyone wants to keep picking this scab then hey - be my guest.[/quote']

Before you go shooting off at the mouth again dude i wasn't suggesting that the venue was at fault here either.....

Now from my point of view i was only gonna attend this gig to see Lost so by them not appearing you have lost my custom that night and probably those who i was gonna attend with. Now i know you're attitude will be 'so what, its just one guy and his pissy mates' but it is after all customers that keep bars and clubs running.

Also read my post on your soundchecks policy.

Cheers

Makin' one band incompatible isn't exactly going to be the blight of the moorings.. and it's definately not digging any sort of grave. I also don't know why there's been several threads regarding soundchecks, if i had a poond for every time Onion Terror played a venue without a souncheck i'd be a good fifteen pounds richer. If the band's sound is good enough it shouldn't take more than a minute or so to get the ballance perfect.

If the band's sound is good enough it shouldn't take more than a minute or so to get the ballance perfect.

By that same measure it shouldn't take a really good band with a really good sound more then 30 seconds to check.