aberdeen-music

computer help?

Hog

OK, Im usually ok with comps but this is annoying me. I just bought a new lapdancer, em...I mean laptop and I loaded AOL. It was fine until it did a dial check. I said it couldnt recognise any dial tone. Also I tried to load up my software for my music software which was fine but it also couldnt recognise any USB plug-in (cos its a usb device). It the suggests going online, em.....I cant! :help:

Hmmm, my computer does that too, except for BT Yahoo - do you have like, an "AOL Help" icon that when you click on it, has the option to do an internet health check? If so, do that and if it says it can't connect restart the thing and try that again.

If not, then I'm afraid this is where I get off the help train.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Oh, this happened to me, you have to pry open the laptop, and fill it up with water, wait 10 minutes and then turn it on again, make sure you keep the water in or it won't work.

Actually, just try Ctrl+Alt+Del

yup. aol is pretty pants.

have you tried all the basic stuff ? if it says no dial tone, have you :

a) tried to plug a phone into the phone socket to make sure it's ok

or

b) if it's broadband, made sure you have a microfilter plugged in and that the service is enabled. is there a WAN light on the broadband box that means that you have connectivity ?

the usb issue, do you have any usb devices under Device Manager ? There may be some with an exclamation mark. If so, delete these and retry.

good luck !

yup. aol is pretty pants.

have you tried all the basic stuff ? if it says no dial tone' date=' have you :

a) tried to plug a phone into the phone socket to make sure it's ok

or

b) if it's broadband, made sure you have a microfilter plugged in and that the service is enabled. is there a WAN light on the broadband box that means that you have connectivity ?

the usb issue, do you have any usb devices under Device Manager ? There may be some with an exclamation mark. If so, delete these and retry.

good luck ![/quote']

Yeah tried the dial tone etc, it works fine on my main comp. Yep the light is on, on the the broadband box. I will check usb devices. Cheers!

oh yes

you should always check your foo foo valve

especially if your discombobulator needs replacing!

but yeah...

do any USB devices work on your laptop?

cos if they dont then there's your problem sunny-jim

but the AOL thing is also a problem

i will 2nd the notion of giving the AOL CD a short, one-way trip to the bin

:up:

what i would suggest is making sure you have all the drivers installed correctly' date=' also with the usb problem make sure that when in device manager, check the properties of all the usb root hubs an ensure that under power management the box for allow windows to switch off to save power is unchecked.[/quote']

Thanks man, you rock, scene points to ya :cheers: