aberdeen-music

Narcosis.Macrocosmica.Project:Ven-Hell.Filthpact

HeinzHines

I think its time for some feedback on this the last ever drakes gig...here is my 2 cents....

Narcosis: Not my thing...too fucking loud for me! But i can see why all you people love them...technically very good and riffs that can make your mind boggle!

Macrocosmica: Only the second time i have seen them live...the first being like 6 years ago supporting mogwai....they have come along away and maybe be one of the best 'unknown' live act.

Project: Ven-Hell: This being my own band im not going to review it really. Want to say sorry for not playing too long....but thanks for the support...it was great!

Filthpact: Holy shit....holy shit....holy shit....lets just start off by saying i fucking HATE metal/grindcore...but if any band is gonna turn me around its them. Tight as fuck and technical as fuck...vocals are strong as hell and i suggest fans of any genre check them out...they are the apitome of what makes up a good band....(to be fair this goes for macrocosmica and narcosis aswell....)

Filthpact: Holy shit....holy shit....holy shit....lets just start off by saying i fucking HATE metal...but if any band is gonna turn me around its them! Tight as fuck and technical as fuck...vocals are strong as hell and i suggest fans of any genre check them out...they are the apitome of what makes up a good band....(to be fair this goes for macrocosmica and narcosis aswell....)

jesus. calm down. you'll give us nosebleeds.thanks though. also, we're not really metal. more punk/grind.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Filthpact: Only caught the last ten minutes because of bastard bloody work. They never disappoint, but the noise anorak in me would love it if Dave announced the song titles. I can't help being anal.

Project Ven-Hell: I enjoyed them, a pleasant surprise. I want to gig with these fellows. Really quirky stuff, reminded me of the old Leeds band Headache. Anyone remember them? Good stuff and an unexpected bonus, keep up the good work.

Macrocosmica: Not my bag at all. Accomplished musicians certainly, but it didn't float my boat. Good Sabbath cover which was a crowd-pleaser and a half.

Narcosis: Ouch. Ouch, ouch, ouch. The drummer is fucking phenomenal, I got knackered just watching him. The Filthpact lads have been raving about them for a while, and now I know why. Dave Rowlands had a knowing look as if to say "See? I knew you'd like them". I certainly do, now to chase up their releases. Another band for me to be all OCD about. A great send-off for a great, great place.

Project Ven-Hell: I enjoyed them' date=' a pleasant surprise. I want to gig with these fellows. Really quirky stuff, reminded me of the old Leeds band Headache. Anyone remember them? Good stuff and an unexpected bonus, keep up the good work.

[/quote']

Stop it you are making me blush.......im sure if you want to play together then its easily arranged...drop me a pm and we can sort things out....

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...