aberdeen-music

The Basement

Fluffy

I was in aberdeen at the weekend and me and the man went out to the basement, i have to say i am v imprerssed. dont know if any of the staff read this, but well done.

place was very friendly as were the staff - i will defintly be going there next time i am up again.

(rico and jimmy's dj'ing was good too)

just thought id say :D

I was in aberdeen at the weekend and me and the man went out to the basement' date=' i have to say i am v imprerssed. dont know if any of the staff read this, but well done.

place was very friendly as were the staff - i will defintly be going there next time i am up again.

(rico and jimmy's dj'ing was good too)

just thought id say :D[/quote']

:rockon: daaaamn straight

:up:

glad u's had a good time

Guest Scorge Spike
great to have loadsa pool tables too

The pool tables are a pain in the arse to play on because if you need to bring the cueball up into the baulk area, you won't have any arm room to play the shot properly. (Riley's is only a short hop away, too. Botched!) Price of drink isn't bad, music's a bit bollocks, but the food's alright. Wouldn't avoid it, wouldn't make it a habit of it either.......

Guest stuartmaxwell

i had a great huge lasagne in there the other day and it was lovely. evenm though they were cooking for the bands rider tyhey still cooked a meal for us (cheers rob). lovely staff, nice vibe

i have a lot of time for that place.

i had a great huge lasagne in there the other day and it was lovely. evenm though they were cooking for the bands rider tyhey still cooked a meal for us (cheers rob). lovely staff' date=' nice vibe

i have a lot of time for that place.[/quote']

The lasagne *was* gorgeous, but last time I had it it was kinda dry. New chef?

I adore The Bassment, although it will always be HJBs to me, home of cocktails, showy but wonderful barstaff and always a friendly face to be found. Even better now there aren't as many 16 year olds in there :)

hehe

i tried and loved that drink :D

although my girl did try and get me to go and ask for a blowjob :rolleyes:

ah yes, the old favourite 'go and ask for a Blow Job, Sex on the Beach with a Screaming Orgasm'. Poor barstaff have heard it al before. Doesn't stop me from not looking them in the eye when I ask for any sexy type cocktails though.

I went on friday and i felt old. How half the folk get in there I don't know, but i swear there was a 13 year old pirate sitting across from me. Also smoking isn't always unattractive, but the majority of folk there have become incredibly adept at making me howk. I couldn't bare to stay there longer, which was sad because the cocktail i was having was turning me into a fag with its greatness. Will need to be a whole lot more drunk to stay any longer next time.

Guest neil ex

It's not just the mystery of why they haven't been busted, it's plain wrong to let children into a drinking environment like that. The young Scottish drinking culture is stupid, though obviously not everyone drinks irresponsibly. The Basement people must be aware that it happens a lot there. I always thought it was unfair that my parents made me come home every night before they went to bed until I left school, I was eighteen and a couple of months, even though all my friends could stay out later, but kids are naive and the owners have to take some responsibility as do the parents. I now appreciate why my parents were so strict (it's ashame that we see it as strict). It kind of seems like they'll refuse someone that is blatantly underage, but all other custom is welcome regardless of age.

Saying that, every place with an alcohol license would have to do the same, or kids are just going to go some place else to get drunk.. If kids knew they were not going to be allowed into pubs and clubs, they'd not try... I can't see it happening, but it's something that has to be worked on.

Anyway, I've eaten there once, and the food was pretty nice. Never tried the cocktails, as I prefer to sit and sip pints.. That way I have something to drink all night.

I might try one at the start of a night one day, if ever I go back to drinking..