aberdeen-music

Moshing

martinduthie

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're sayin. I personally don't like hardcore dancin and find it silly but that's me.If people want to mosh or whatever that's cool too.I just think that people should stick to respective areas when doing such things.If someone did knock you over even though you were no where near the pit then that's just stupidity.Moshing is done in a pit with other moshers not to harm people outside of the pit.

I just don't like this idea of hardcore dancers thinking they have the right to a lot of the floor space and getting in peoples way if they don't have the amount of room they want.Which I have encountered in the past.

Hardcore dancers stick to one part of the floor and moshers stick to the pit.

i highly agree with you there

its really stupid to mix, thats when it ends up in someone getting hurt

I can't help but wonder if the intention if some people *is* to hurt. I've seen people in "pits" and people "hardcore dancing" go for someone in the past with a look in their eye as if they wanted to hurt them - so in essence, isn't it just a way to get away with being violent without the repurcussions?

To be honest who gives a monkeys.

Everyone should enjoy themselves how they see fit as long as there not intentionally going out of there way to hurt people.

For all the arm flying i didn't see anyone getting hurt not in the same way as the clown in the Metallica T-shirts pushing people to the floor anyway.

The hardcore dancings not my thing, give me a moshpit anyday but each to there own :rockon:

I can't help but wonder if the intention if some people *is* to hurt. I've seen people in "pits" and people "hardcore dancing" go for someone in the past with a look in their eye as if they wanted to hurt them - so in essence' date=' isn't it just a way to get away with being violent without the repurcussions?[/quote']

that really does take the fun out of it, some arrogant person decides "im having him" and it just turns into some mass-scale punch up.

so hardcore dancing must be kept out of the pits now yeah? even at hardcore gigs like bleeding through.... pity cos brandon (frontman) was telling us upstairs how impressed he was

well well ... try and keep it to a minimum next time

oh and that people who you said are stupid cos they leave their little pits and go push people out of their pit for dancing... happens to be you... like at underoath gig.... any hardcore dancing was kept further back from stage but as soon as any of it broke out it was soon encounterd by you loads of others running into us...colliding with each other....

anyway i dont care anymore.... this thread should be locked....

so hardcore dancing must be kept out of the pits now yeah? even at hardcore gigs like bleeding through.... pity cos brandon (frontman) was telling us upstairs how impressed he was

well well ... try and keep it to a minimum next time

oh and that people who you said are stupid cos they leave their little pits and go push people out of their pit for dancing... happens to be you... like at underoath gig.... any hardcore dancing was kept further back from stage but as soon as any of it broke out it was soon encounterd by you loads of others running into us...colliding with each other....

anyway i dont care anymore.... this thread should be locked....

The pit was quite big at that gig and you people just happened to be in the way a little bit.I do admit that things got slightly out-of-hand at underoath but thats just cos I didn't appreciate people taking up half the floor and almost hitting me in the face with flaling arms.I am admitting I am at fault to just not you dancers before you jump on my back.The pit got a bit big with little participants which I don't like much either.I just tried to make the best of the situation.

Guest haigyman

All I'm saying is that you can't really make judgement on a person having heard a couple of words from them.

then why get so fired up about it? :D

-10 points for not being able to quote properly

(i'd like to point out that any apparent error in my quoting is a direct result of the original error)

Am I the only one who has little to no idea what the fuck she's going on about!? I don't recall seeing a single person stopping and sorting themselves out while hxc dancing. In fact' date=' any time I've seen people dancing like that, not once have I seen them stop in the middle of it all to sort their hair or any of that shit.[/quote']

It's like a nervous twitch - swingswingswingsmoothfringeswingpointpoint - you'd soon pick it up ;)

aberdeen-music officially sucks.... you go on about how people need to stop dissing each other and support the scene blah blah and then you go on like this totally rippping the shit out some people.... fucking shit like

Don't take it to heart man - if there's a message board somewhere that doesn't have people arguing/ripping the piss/generally poking fun at things and people then it's either VERY boring or no one's speaking their mind.

The old adage 'do what you wanna do' is applicable in the end.

'Tis only a message board :)

your wrong sir i see him in moshulu every week mostly on fridays.... always causing trouble.

I think causing trouble would be screaming at bar-staff or picking fights with bouncers. I know a lot of people don't see the point in a mosh-pit. Fine. I don't see the point in flailing around like an amputee trying to swim. I really wouldn't class his behaviour as "causing trouble". He is actually a really nice guy, and handy to have around during a confrontation with a ned.

:kiss:

I think causing trouble would be screaming at bar-staff or picking fights with bouncers. I know a lot of people don't see the point in a mosh-pit. Fine. I don't see the point in flailing around like an amputee trying to swim. I really wouldn't class his behaviour as "causing trouble". He is actually a really nice guy' date=' and handy to have around during a confrontation with a ned.

:kiss:[/quote']

He's in on Mondays asking for metal a lot. Always polite enough to me he is :)

the point i was making is well' date=' if its so "hardcore" why does everyone stop after a few seconds to sort their hair and pull their hoods back up etc?? with moshing noones caring about what you look like...its pretty fullon so you dont have time to stand back and "make yourself pretty"[/quote']

I thought it was funny how Scott from Contra was stopping to sort his hair every 30 seconds on sun.

dancers.57.gif

I just found this picture of nastylittlemidget warming up for her next spell of moshing

Honestly, you're all a bunch of total turds. What's the point in dancing a specific way to a certain kind of music, what's it all about? The fact that in 1 day there's a six page thread of people contradicting and out-boasting each other about the unwritten code of the dancefloor...

Guest tv tanned

mosh pits are only good for testosterone-deficient 'tards who want to repress their deeply held homosexual instincts by acting 'tough' with one another.

Oh, and for landing a smack on the wanker who spilled your beer without getting thrown out of the club...