aberdeen-music

Moshing

martinduthie

Question - do you hXc dancers get bruises after gigs?

Cos I sure as hell would not want a smack in the face by some crazy flying elbows.

I got tons at Sick of it All. and couldnt move my thumb for a week after Tearjerk in Boston.

Not that im showing off about it. I hate macho-ness in hardcore.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's mostly moronic and violent.

ha ha I was gonna actually start a thread about this... I came to the conclusion that it looks like an elvis imperosnator whos just shit themselves and trying to swat the flies that circle them.. and sorry but I have to agree that Bleeding Through needed a moshpit, not some fucking wailingarms pit. :nono:

its annoying when your trying to dance and some big metallica fan pushes you over onto the floor and you have to get up again and stay away from him.... it happens every week in moshulu...

just cos they are bigger and stronger why they gotta like prove it to everyone...

Yeah i saw that guy last night, watched the gig a bit, run into the crowd on the dance floor like a mateing rino, then stop after crushing everything in its path, then back to watching the gig again.

Seems quite big and clever to me :moody::rolleyes:

As for the hardcore dancing - is that what it was i thought someone had dropped money on the floor and the crowd were fighting over it :O

Guest Nikola Tesla

More examples of why this whole topic is so dumb, no one should think that they can dictate how others move to music. HxC dancing can be pretty fucking impressive if done with respect for others (i could see how some people could think it looks silly though) same with moshing (ok no where near as impressive but i dont have a problem with it). It's all about having respect for those in the surrounding areas.

its annoying when your trying to dance and some big metallica fan pushes you over onto the floor and you have to get up again and stay away from him.... it happens every week in moshulu...

just cos they are bigger and stronger why they gotta like prove it to everyone...

bullshit! that guy is hardly ever in moshulu so i doubt that happens "every week" and i have never seen another "big metallica fan" in moshulu beating people up....just that twat

watch some hellfest or bleeding through dvd' date=' or unearth vids, or throwdown or anything

[/quote']

God, thats the biggest list of generic crap i've ever seen

HxC dancing can be pretty fucking impressive if done with respect for others

you practice at home, don't you? you want to be a part of that wailing arms crowd don't you? :p

impressive my arse, it looks retarded when a band who plays something heavier than Good Charlotte comes on... "oh yeah ill just hide my arm behind my back and airguitar with one hand.."

and how is it hardcore when aftr the 6th armswing everyone gets dizzy and "rests", puts their hood back up then sorts their hair???

:woohoo: looksie looksie IM HxC!!

Guest Nikola Tesla
you practice at home' date=' don't you? you want to be a part of that wailing arms crowd don't you? :p

impressive my arse, it looks retarded when a band who plays something heavier than Good Charlotte comes on... "oh yeah ill just hide my arm behind my back and airguitar with one hand.."

and how is it hardcore when aftr the 6th armswing everyone gets dizzy and "rests", puts their hood back up then sorts their hair???

:woohoo: looksie looksie IM HxC!![/quote']

My post was meant to show that in order for these gigs to stop feeling so divided there needs to some tollerance between people. But anyway, I personaly don't care what you think about Hardcore (the music) or anything which is associated with it. You've probibly never seen people trying to dance to heavy music before in your life and probibly think that metal is personified by Metallica (and i aint even talking about the very early material which is tollerable) I judge this by the fact every other Hardcore gig i've been to there has been no complaints about the dancing or the moshing, (if any of the later happens) and only now that other more and more people are coming to these gigs are factions becoming a problem.

And in acordance to the looking good thing.... not everyone who's into Hardcore looks after there imagage as much as some others do... (not saying its a bad thing) but please stop genralising from your limited experiance.

In other words stop bitching your ass off about things which you don't have to participate in.

heres a point to discuss then

all people like doing different things and going different places.... if someones fav idea of goin out was a night in liquid... theyd prob try and look good for it

if someone else idea was to go to a ball or a dance they try to look good for it....

if someone elses was to go to an elton john gig theyd try to look good again...

if someon was goin on a date theyd also try and look there best for it...

what if someones ultimate night out and fav thing in the world was to go see bleeding through...... would there be anything wrong with looking good for it? while dancing and while not dancing

heres a point to discuss then

all people like doing different things and going different places.... if someones fav idea of goin out was a night in liquid... theyd prob try and look good for it

if someone else idea was to go to a ball or a dance they try to look good for it....

if someone elses was to go to an elton john gig theyd try to look good again...

if someon was goin on a date theyd also try and look there best for it...

what if someones ultimate night out and fav thing in the world was to go see bleeding through...... would there be anything wrong with looking good for it? while dancing and while not dancing

i've got nothing against looking good FOR a gig, but to be so image concious that you have to stop dancing and actually "sort" yourself to look good for a another minute or so just to repeat the cycle is a bitty daft. if your gonna dance hardcore then do it and not give a fuck, instead of doin it half-heartedly and worrying about your hair etc..