aberdeen-music

Moshing

martinduthie

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis friendly and has been around for the best part of 20 years.

Best thing to do is to watch the crowd for a bit and you`ll soon get it....

Watch the video for AFI's Leaving Song PT II....... most commercial video with MOVES.... some great roundhousing action.

people make shapes in that?

Not seen the video in ages ill check again...

the best has to be the yoga dancing that Kirk invented but ive noticed people have stolen it!

hardcore dancing is suitable for hardcore bands....

and its nothing new... its just that in towns like fraserburgh its unheard of cos people there are still in the stone age

and its more suitable and looks alot better than people just running around pushing each other about....

it goes with hardcore bands and suits the music... like i cant think of any other kind of dancing that would suit the kind of breakdowns you get with bands like bleeding through...

its annoying when your trying to dance and some big metallica fan pushes you over onto the floor and you have to get up again and stay away from him.... it happens every week in moshulu...

just cos they are bigger and stronger why they gotta like prove it to everyone...

watch some hellfest or bleeding through dvd, or unearth vids, or throwdown or anything similar and youll see how its done...

my avatar can teach you a little too...

and its nothing new... its just that in towns like fraserburgh its unheard of cos people there are still in the stone age

Hate to disappoint you buddy, but me and my mates were moshing in the Broch as far back as 95 when bands like White Deth and the original Twenty-Eight were on the go... I came out of the Station Hotel or Cheers with a black eye many a night!

In fact we got banned from the Fraserburgh Academy school disco for pressuring the DJ into playing "The Ace of Spades" and moshing like bastards, effectively trashing the social area.

my point exactly hahaha im actually from fraserburgh and know what its like their .... your pit was probably bunch or primitive nutters running around smashing each other up....

what this thread is about isnt heard of their ....until some people decided to go to a bleeding through gig... and see what its like in that kinda scene

Hate to disappoint you buddy' date=' but me and my mates were moshing in the Broch as far back as 95 when bands like White Deth and the original Twenty-Eight were on the go... I came out of the Station Hotel or Cheers with a black eye many a night!

In fact we got banned from the Fraserburgh Academy school disco for pressuring the DJ into playing "The Ace of Spades" and moshing like bastards, effectively trashing the social area.[/quote']

Oh-Em-Eff-Gee you must be so rock and roll trashing a school that runs on tax payers money!

Fuck off.

"hardcore" dancing doesnt have to be for hardcore music as Ross stated Afi fans have notably took part in dancing at their gigs.

Oi' date=' back the fuck up, I was merely pointing out that people listen to, and enjoy heavy music in Fraserburgh as well, sheesh, bite my fucking head off whydontcha.

And I suppose you never did any damage whne you were at school? It was ten fucking years ago when I was fifteen, not like it was last week![/quote']

ok i am sorry for the over reaction I have a tendency to do it and no I didnt really cause damage as i respected other people.

camies post makes perfect sense....

i went to fraserburgh academy too it totaly sucks shit... and the discos sucked... you didnt have to be crazy or mental to get banned as you suggested.... i know someone who get kicked out for snogging cos they were like 13 or sumthin....

I agree it did entirely suck shit, which is why we, as 15 year olds who had probably seen the Breakfast Club a few times too many, decided that that would be a good way of rebelling against all the bullshit, in restrospect it probably wasn't, but it was fun nonetheless.

aye' date=' but they're nae talking about moshing. they're talking about hardcore dancing.

and ive seen an example of hardcore dancing. sam who wa sin wilsons band spazzing out at some pub in the broch to some 70s punk band called "instant aggression" back in 97. fucking hell was he spazzing out.[/quote']

I think I was at that gig, sam was a bit aff his heed in his younger days, bloody nice bloke though.

In fact it was usually him who gave me the black eyes.