aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
allstardawn

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Today I pretended to be interested in conversation with some guy who's had a copy for a couple of months. He says it's really good.

I might get a copy off someone.

i dont know.. you would have thought it would have because it was the 'breakthrough' single. YET, it has banquet on it. i've 'tampered' with my copy to include little thoughts though ;)

I downloaded it a while back ( I will be getting it by less illicit methods soon!) and it is great in my opinion. The reason Little Thoughts isn't on it is that band didn't think it fitted on the album as it was too light. They intended to it to be a summery single. I think it's pish soon i'm not bothered by it's exclusion. I didn't realise that So Here We Are got to no.5. Impressive when you consider what an odd choice for a single. Best tracks on the album are Like Eating Glass, This Modern Love and Positive Tension i reckon.

I got the album last week as a birthday pressie from my boyfriend...

And I think its amazing...theres not one song on it that I dislike.

I think its fucking ace, the whole things pretty good, its been on a t work tons in the past few weeks. They were awesome at the Lemon Tree when they were up too.

:up:

I like it a lot. I didn't hear Banquet 'til about December but it was really good. Hoping to hear a lot more from them after this album. I haven't got the album yet though. I have no money at the mo but I'm prioritising it over my most needed album, Digital Ash In A Digital Urn. I really do need this album... so very good

Digital Ash In A Digital Urn.

:D v good album

if you haven't heard much of bloc party download positive tention' date=' this modern love and like eating glass. you won't be disappointed. nopes :']

haha' date=' i officially bum them. so that's why my opinion may be a little one-sided ;)[/quote']

Official Bummer Of The Band. Ace.

Surely for you to be the bummer then it'd be better to be two-sided though non? :D

Guest Cowboy Dan

I downloaded it a while ago to see what all the hype was about and thought it was really poor, about 2 good songs and the rest and awful.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Uh actually, no I don't like them because I find the music they make uninteresting and frankly pretty dull, not because NME like them.