aberdeen-music

Danzig: Mr.Diplomatic?

psydoll

Danzig: "Kill 'Em All"

11 Feb 2005 In an interview with Steppin' Out magazine' date=' former Misfits frontman Glenn Danzig said "If you're going to have a war, you should kill everyone there!" when asked for his views on the recent Iraqi election.

"[People'] talk about war like it's a game. It's not a game. It's a war idiot! These people that are shooting back at you, they're trying to kill you and you should be trying to kill them. If there was somebody wounded and laying there I would put a bullet in them you know? I see all these politicians like Ted Kennedy who's a murderer in his own right, talking all this shit - you're sending people out there to fight a war. This is a war! Either we're going or we're not going. Once we're there don't complain when somebody kills somebody because you sent them with a gun."

GD is also unashamed of his views about the Iraqi prison photos scandal which pictured US marines abusing Iraqi POWs and claims "the American Prison system is way worse."

"These people are taking innocent hostages and beheading them on TV - that should tell you your enemy. There are no rules to war! Kill or be killed, that's war! What's worse? Beheading somebody on the internet or abusing a prisoner of war? Were they really being abused? If that's abuse, then don't go to an American jail system (laughs) 'cause there's way worse in an American jail system. I think everybody's full of shit."

Cue outrage?

I have that clip on my PC in a Soulseek folder.

I forget about it and every now and then come across it. Still makes me chuckle to this day. :)

I realise the above quote isn't terrifyingly racist or anything but I can almost guarantee that people somewhere will be raging about it. We can but hope for a 'horror punk started the war in Iraq' campaign ;)

Guest tv tanned

this is the problem of someone famous being asked an opinion on something they know fuck all about.

famous folk should stick to what they know when commenting in public, given that there are people who look up to them and often follow similar beliefs.