aberdeen-music

Manson : Don't blame me for Jodi

Rob Karloff

Guest fat_bottom_girls

complete bollocks this whole jodi pish!

To use satanism, goth, and good old mariyln manson as a reason in a court room is just utter bollocks. It really annoys me that this kind of thing still goes on today!

The meida twists everything and it is the medias fault for most of the worlds problems.

surely they should a questioned his shcool, his parents, his up bringing, rather than pin the balme on a bloody musician! tis an utter farce!

it is a great shame however that a kid died in this way, but the jailing of Luke and the marilyn manson blame has shadowed the fact that a Jodie was killed in a horrible way and that is shame. Darn bloody media fuck em!

this world is just getting silly!

funny how the media blames rock music for the kid killing Jodie' date=' it'd be a different story if he listened to dance music wouldn't it...[/quote']of course it would be. cos dance music doesn't have images and lyrics about death, rape, murder and suicide. it's pretty simple.

im not saying i agree with the courts, but it's pretty easy to see why they blamed music of the type.

there could be more reasons other then the learnt behavour maybe he was born that way the whole nature vs nurture debate, there was one study a long time ago showing something about the brain of some killers being differnt (in a small way) to other human beings.

hahaha I make no sense!

I don't think you can rule out Manson's work as an influence on what happened' date=' but the root cause is that Mitchell had that mindset to begin with. There are many rogue influences on people in life, which may or may not cause them to do something bad. But we can't and don't go around banning them on the offchance.[/quote']

I agree with this guy.

And it's not as if Manson was randomly mentioned in court. The cuts and markings on Jodi's body were identical to those on a female corpse in a painting by Marilyn Manson.

Thus proving he was an influence to the killing.

I don't understand how they can blame Manson's paintings of something that actually happened but not blame the media, who no doubt reported on it and gave every single bloody detail of the case. What's the difference between an artistic depiction of a murder and the tabloids giving their own gruesome account with every horrific detail?

I agree with this guy.

And it's not as if Manson was randomly mentioned in court. The cuts and markings on Jodi's body were identical to those on a female corpse in a painting by Marilyn Manson.

Perhaps an influence but a reason? Nope. Manson is simply a guy who knows how to manipulate the media by using shock, he is also nae bad at making tunes that sell many records.

If the guy who killed Jodi was influenced by Manson it just shows how fucked up he was before he got into Manson's music and how easily deluded he can be.

Guest tv tanned
I agree with this guy.

Given that the painting was a depiction of a real event, perhaps it had more to do with him being inspired by that real event.

of course it would be. cos dance music doesn't have images and lyrics about death' date=' rape, murder and suicide. it's pretty simple.

im not saying i agree with the courts, but it's pretty easy to see why they blamed music of the type.[/quote']

yeah but what if, for example, it was rap music?

would they go blaming rappers for it? well, one specific?

i think the guys mother had alot to do with it

yeah but what if' date=' for example, it was rap music?

would they go blaming rappers for it? well, one specific?

i think the guys mother had alot to do with it[/quote']

Rap's probably a bad example - the media will blame rap just as quickly as alternative music. Remember when Snoop Dogg was the devil on the front of the Sun?

I wish someone would do something stupid that everyone could blame on pop music or something just to see if the media would latch onto the link...

Perhaps someone could commit matricide after only listening to Scissor Sisters for months.

i think the guy was a pretty fucked individual and he listened to that sort of music becuase he felt he could identify with it. Manson is just a really easy person to blame because everyone is doing it. His relationship with his mother is clearly something that should be looked into further becuase soething doesnt really seem right there.

Perhaps someone could commit matricide after only listening to Scissor Sisters for months.

Maybe you could take your momma out all night and show her what it's all about. Get her jacked up on some cheap champagne, and let her guts all roll on out. When she dies of the alcohol poisoning or vomit choking, then you can blame shitty camp pop music.