aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Sam 45

Doctor Drakes

Does anybody know what they are doing with Drakes now it is shut down......im hoping it will stay as a music venue?

who do you mean by 'they'?!

the building, that had the business 'Dr Drakes Ltd' occupying it for the past 3 years in it, is owned by someone (the 'landlord').......and is currently up for sale (check your ASPC for details kids!)...so...what will happen to the building???...god knows, whatever the person that buys it wants to do with it!!!! music venue? restaurant? torture chamber? toilet?

who knows....thinkin of buyin it are you then 'doctor'???

count shazula xxxx

Was there ever an official reason given for Drakes folding?

emm...hard business decision etc etc....just never makin enough money to pay all the oveheads (wasnt just rent you know for all those who ask 'how much was the rent like?!', it was water, phone, gas & electric bills, wages, PRS, VAT, stock, blah blah blah and all the million other things (even bog rolls etc!) that needed paid...) that needed paid....

and if the business had folded then a coupla people would have been liable for rent for around 7 yrs!!! nae good...thus decision (not an easy one i can tell ya) had to be made to safeguard futures etc

oh the joys of being an independent business!!! :down::cheers:

shaz

drakes has been a torture chamber sometimes. i seen dirtbox in there once

never again

:laughing: that really did make me laugh. there all right if your a ten year old love :love: struk girly!

haven't been to drakes in AGES tho!! didn't even know that it had closed down :down: boo!

drakes has been a torture chamber sometimes. i seen dirtbox in there once

never again

haha you're right...you'll never see dirtbox in there ever again!!!! :laughing:

Shiprow is located within the heart of Aberdeen City Centre near the West End of Union Street

Am i missing something, or do they really not know what part of town the property is located in?

emm...hard business decision etc etc....just never makin enough money to pay all the oveheads (wasnt just rent you know for all those who ask 'how much was the rent like?!'' date=' it was water, phone, gas & electric bills, wages, PRS, VAT, stock, blah blah blah and all the million other things (even bog rolls etc!) that needed paid...) that needed paid....[/quote']

Basically, it was Brian's internet bill.....

And you can be fairly sure it's a big fat NIT.

why shouldn't it stay as a music venue? it's been one since my mum and dad were young.

why shouldn't it stay as a music venue? it's been one since my mum and dad were young.

Because if it doesnt make money its not worth running.

Wasn't it a gay bar and not a music venue before being Dr.Drakes?

If I ran a gay bar it would OWN. there would be skat videos and plastic over all the floors and seats.

shit fetish.

If I live to see that day I will be a happy man indeed.

mmmmm i'd buy that for a dollar.....

hog why don't you just dress up in the whole gimp suit and give us the piss straight from your hoose

mmmmm i'd buy that for a dollar.....

hog why don't you just dress up in the whole gimp suit and give us the piss straight from your hoose

Yeah....wooh!!...go boy...wow.

Hog.....?

Whats a "hoose" and why do you have one?