aberdeen-music

stand up speak up

Skacel

you may or may not have seen the wrist bands that footballers are wearing these days, as a campaign against racisim in the beautiful game.

so i try surfing the net to try and get one where, in london, you can pick them up for a donation of 1.50 (im not aware that theres is a nike shop up here where you can pick them up)

so i find the wonderful ebay where people are ready and willing tp rip you off. a band that should cost 1.50 is being sold at around 6 pounds in some extreme cases its 20

is it just me or is this completely wrong and immoral, these bands are being sold for charity, a good cause, and people are exploiting it.

It's the same case for the livestring ones, where my mate got one for $1 in the usa they are being flogged for upwards of 4 on ebay. the world is fucked i tell you. :down:

you may or may not have seen the wrist bands that footballers are wearing these days' date=' as a campaign against racisim in the beautiful game.

so i try surfing the net to try and get one where, in london, you can pick them up for a donation of 1.50 (im not aware that theres is a nike shop up here where you can pick them up)

so i find the wonderful ebay where people are ready and willing tp rip you off. a band that should cost 1.50 is being sold at around 6 pounds in some extreme cases its 20

is it just me or is this completely wrong and immoral, these bands are being sold for charity, a good cause, and people are exploiting it.

It's the same case for the livestring ones, where my mate got one for $1 in the usa they are being flogged for upwards of 4 on ebay. the world is fucked i tell you. :down:[/quote']

yeah...thanks for that

Apparently it's because various celebrities are wearing them - the papers did a feature on this last weekend as I recall.

Vultures.

3 weeks ago or something in the sun. They were showing all the different kidns you get. There are even anti trend ones that say "livewrong". I think thats for the "alternatives" or something...

My little brother has made more from selling a few rubber bands than he gets from 2 months pocket money. What an entrepeuner, we're all so proud.

To be fair he's selling the onelife ones, which, were free, and which, were intended to raise "awareness" not charity so if suckers want to pay 13 a time to look like they are aware then that's up to them.

The yellow livestrong bands you can still buy from the official site for a dollar each, so people buying them on ebay are just downright stupid.

There's another load of pink breast cancer ones coming, I know somebody that works in the store, they all sold out really quickly.

There are white poverty bands in oxfam right now for 1.

As for the black and white racism ones I've only heard of them being sold in nike stores or given out to national squads like hockey and fitba players.

Oh my god. Shut up you complete fucking wankers!

Its for charity it's the GIVING to the cause! Who cares what you get in return.

My brother was looking for one too, and the cheapest one he could find was 50 and okay it's a lot of money to a 14 year old, but think of the cause not just the fashion statement!

Oh my god. Shut up you complete fucking wankers!

Its for charity it's the GIVING to the cause! Who cares what you get in return.

My brother was looking for one too' date=' and the cheapest one he could find was 50 and okay it's a lot of money to a 14 year old, but think of the cause not just the fashion statement![/quote']

Oh aye I completely forgot! Those guys selling the racism bands on Ebay are giving directly to the fighting racism cause!

Forgive my rampant stupidity! I assumed they were hawking for their own good! God forbid that I get branded a wanker TWICE in one night!

Guest MarkJDelaney

I have a yellow Livestrong band because I think what Lance Armstrong did was increcible. I wear one because I can relate to it, having lost more than a few members of my family, and nearly for one person, to cancer.

I don't like the other bands available now.