aberdeen-music

Lerennoamps

Terance

Guest tv tanned

Have to say I thought Unkle Bob and Le Reno Amps were by far the best of the bill.

I thought that the Vandelays were a fairly average band in the indie mode, and we left after 2 Desc songs, just didn't think they were that great.

It was only my second Le Reno Amps gig, and the fiancee's first, and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kinda wish I had enough money on me to buy a coupla cds, but perhaps another time.

Have to say I thought Unkle Bob and Le Reno Amps were by far the best of the bill.

I thought that the Vandelays were a fairly average band in the indie mode' date=' and we left after 2 Desc songs, just didn't think they were that great.

It was only my second Le Reno Amps gig, and the fiancee's first, and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kinda wish I had enough money on me to buy a coupla cds, but perhaps another time.[/quote']

Sorry to say you were wrong on two counts:-

The Vandelays were just poptastic, Uncle Bob flattered to deceive, LRA were as always

just fucking brilliant & Desc were shambolic brilliance.

I say well done to the fella that put that show together, the DJ also played an all exclusive

set of Scottish artists; who is he, hes got potential.

ps Andy's photo booth is rather nice............

Guest tv tanned

sorry, i forgot to be you while watching the gig, and therefore missed your insightful understanding of what I took to be average music, with average lyrics to be 'poptastic'.

:)

Guest Zeenat Aman

Seen them live before at the Lemon Tree... to me, LRA's are just irritating and annoying. I dont see what their appeal is at all, ah well.

I'd rather listen to Vanessa Mae...

321790050511.jpg

Well, if we're getting all critical here....I like the slower Reno Amps songs (eg "Dawn Says"), but I'm less keen on the crowd-pleasing funny ones.

The Vandelays were fun to watch......dunno if I'd actually buy anything though.

Unkle Bob seemed pleasant, but their songs didn't wrap themselves round my heart.

I've seen Desc twice before, and thought they were VG last time at Drakes, but left before they came on at the Lemon Tree due to a painful neck and back, so can't comment.

Having said all that I still really enjoyed the evening, so well done all!!!!!!

I was really impressed by The Vandelays, half-reminded me of the good parts of Ash. First time I've seen them, but they had me grinning and bopping along pretty instantly.

Uncle Bob were good too, something about they guy's voice didn't sit too well with me - It had that almost strained quality at times that just grates on me, but for other songs it was remarkably clear and much more appealing. Really rich sound, I thought - Loved the banjo, but I am biased that way of late for some reason.

I always enjoy Le Reno Amps and thought they were on top form at the LT, I'm a total sucker for their irrepressible playfulness on stage. One of the best times I've seen them, I think.

Desc... Ah Desc. At Dr Drakes they were amazing, and at the LT they were too... but for totally different reasons. At Drakes the uneasy quartet lurched through the songs and sounded complete, at the LT they sounded desperate and unhinged. Mesmerising like a train wreck, but I thoroughly enjoyed the uneasiness of it all. An odd, odd way to end the line-up.

Well' date=' if we're getting all critical here....I like the slower Reno Amps songs (eg "Dawn Says"), but I'm less keen on the crowd-pleasing funny ones.[/quote']

Yea I agree. if "Dawn Says" was the slow one with Al's fingerpicking and Scott playing only 2 notes on the electric, its very good.

Unkle Bob seemed pleasant' date=' but their songs didn't wrap themselves round my heart.[/quote']

They were ace. A great voice but they didnt play my fav from the album - i think its called "catch the moment". Hopefully gonna get Rick to come back and play solo in March/April.

didnt think much of Vandelays, 1st time ive seen them and only saw 4 songs or so. left before Desc so cant comment.

Andy

www.vocoustics.com

Guest Zeenat Aman

Having just listened, I have to admit that I like the three songs they have one their website though. Just something about them live that grated with me.

I know, lets blame the lemon tree sound heh. :p