aberdeen-music

THIS WEEKEND - Bleeding Through & Cult Of Luna

Ross

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gig pretty much sucked until Bleeding Through came on...

Allergo just didnt do it for me' date='

I loved MMW, other than BT they were the best band on,

and I was absolutely bored shitless through Cult Of Luna.[/quote']

It 'pretty much sucked' until Bleeding Through came on and yet you loved MMw?

Gah!

Allergo - Got to say, each time I see this band I come away having enjoyed them more than the last time. The new songs were pretty damn cool too.

MMw - Can't comment, didn't watch the set. I've heard them play a couple of times now, and it just isn't my sort of thing at all.

Cult Of Luna - The band I was there to see really. Got to say, I wasn't disappointed. All the songs sounded better live. The only thing I didn't like about this set was the length. It would have been nice to see them play a far longer set, as they have the songs to do it, but then that's down to personal taste I guess.

Bleeding Through - Guh, what can I say. Having never really heard them before yesterday I wasn't sure what to expect. Got into the first few songs, but after a while, they just seemed to be a very standard Metalcore band. Actually left early because of them, which is a thing I have never done.

I came away from the gig feeling slightly disappointed, not really because of the music played, but more because of Aberdeen's representation in such gigs.. I think it's about time another band came out the woodwork for these types of gigs, because MMw seem to have found themselves as the houseband of Moshulu for gigs of this catagory. It would be nice to see a variation in the local support now and then. Just a thought though. :up:

Indeed. big fucking thank you to Ross for putting on what was the best show i've ever seen in aberdeen. Allergo, again not the best i've seen them but still damned good all the same. MMW, i'll join in the ''improved by the shedload'' since i saw them last, really enjoyed them last night.

Cult of Luna were my band of the night, i was absolutely mesmerized throughout their entire set....absolutely stunning and without a doubt the second best band i've EVER seen live. Absolutely stunning.

Bleeding Through were absolutely brutal, my legs are horribly bruised from being squished up practically on to the stage but i don't really care since they were awesome, energetic and just absolutely spiffy. They couldn't steal the show from CoL though, who were my band of the night.

I didn't really care for Allergo, and I really didn't like My Minds Weapon at all. Cult of Luna were ace, although they are a bit to chilled out for a live setting when I wanted to be a bit more "hyper".

Bleeding Through were amazing, they played the song I was most desperate to hear first (Love Lost in a Hail of Gun Fire) and they kept the crowd going. I was disappointed that the pits were so pathetic. The "children-who-dance-like-they-are-swimming" were getting on my tits, provoking a pit and then running away when it actually happened (you know who you are :kiss: )

Had an ace night, here's to more gigs along the same lines, but with different support.

:rockon:

was it just me or did anyone else think the bleeding through guitars were very low? And i would do anything to marry the keyboard player from bt

I didn't think the guitars were too low - I thought the vocals were mildly drowned out. Can't please anyone can you? ;)

On a similar note Bleeding Through are the shortest band ever.

I had a fucking ace night! Enjoyed all the bands a lot, and it was nice to speak to Bleeding through - who all seemed like pretty cool people. It was nice to see a decent turn out because this will surely keep Moshulu keen when it comes to getting big touring bands in the future.

Massive thanks to Ross for putting us on such an amazing bill - but that leads me to...

I came away from the gig feeling slightly disappointed' date=' not really because of the music played, but more because of Aberdeen's representation in such gigs.. I think it's about time another band came out the woodwork for these types of gigs, because MMw seem to have found themselves as the houseband of Moshulu for gigs of this catagory. It would be nice to see a variation in the local support now and then. Just a thought though. :up: [/font']

I'm not trying to be a dick at all here, but out of interest which other bands in Aberdeen would you say are ready to play on a bill such as that?

Like you say, it would be great if another band came out of the woodwork for these type of gigs - but until they do Moshulu won't have anyone else to really choose from.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all here' date=' but out of interest which other bands in Aberdeen would you say are [i']ready to play on a bill such as that?

Like you say, it would be great if another band came out of the woodwork for these type of gigs - but until they do Moshulu won't have anyone else to really choose from.

Depends if you want to put on similar bands as the headliners or mix it up a bit to be fair.

Filthpact could've easily slotted onto that bill.

bleeding through were well worth the eight quid

the other bands wern't really my thing but entertaining none the less...

was it just me or did anyone else think the bleeding through guitars were very low? And i would do anything to marry the keyboard player from bt

they weren't too low. They just 'scoop' their guitar tones so there are no mids at all - which sounds good in the bedroom but doesn't cut through in a live setting.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all here' date=' but out of interest which other bands in Aberdeen would you say are [i']ready to play on a bill such as that?

okay, i know you're not trying to sound like a dick, as im not trying to sound pretentious wanker. But we(Filthpact) could easily play a support slot for a gig such as that. Not necessarily that gig, because we're not really similar to either COL or BT. I'm just saying, anybody who has seen us lately knows we're easily able to put on a live show. You asked for other bands who are ready to play a bill of that calibre, I'm just mentioning one.

Also, its not just MMW. But Allergo also. Johnny Truant twice in Moshulu(though once they didn't make it up) and now this as well. So it's not only Aberdeen bands, but it's Scottish bands. I know Ross likes them but christ, there's fuck load of bands in Scoland that could have fit on a bill like that. A Written Apology, Friday Night Gunfight, Madman is Absolute. Saying that, I'm not sure if A Written Apology are still together. I know Dave the vocalist quit the band.

To be honest, if I was booking that night, I would have said MMW, BT, COL and The Fall of Boss Koala. Simply cos then you have two bands of both styles of music being played.

Whatever. Look, it's a goat fish. Yes it is.

hey

what can i say.... sooooo sorry for hardcore dancing at a hardcore gig and hardcore band(s)

im sure bleeding through prefer to see some "dancing-like-they-are-swimming" pits than fifty ton fat metallica fans trying to kill people.....

FAAGGOOOOTS

or Iron Maiden fans...like that fucking shaved ape that stage dove (tense? wtf?) twice....and during the frist time chose the small people to dive on...thus collapsing the area of the crowd i was in and kicking me in the tit. poohead. mind you, the kid who just SPRINTED round the side and flew into the crowd...that was kind of cool.