aberdeen-music

next FUDGE gig - we present: GOLDBLADE!

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah perhaps this is naive but we trust you guys. Just make sure the crowd get a good pasting with it. Me... I'll be wearing a white bandanna and a white t-shirt.

Only other thing to watch for is our movie projector but we'll take steps to cover it up.

Really looking forward to this as I've *shock* never seen Karloff but I only hear good things about you.

Guest tv tanned
Heh...irony.

One of the first gigs I ever DJ'd properly at was Goldblade' date=' with The Needles supporting in the Wodka Bar. I just played Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and all the old rockers all night. Great fun. They're really good guys as well.

And now fun has become work, and I haven't been able to make it to any of Goldblade's subsequent gigs in the area because of DJ commitments.

There's a lesson to be learned here, but I don't know what it is...[/quote']

I think you will find it was in The Works, subsequently, Glow 303, Lava and Kef...

I was there...

yeah. fake blood is fine. just don't pour it into the monitors or owt.

there may be the opportunity for karloff to playfor 40 minutes or so if you wished to?

Cool, we should be on it for the 40 minutes.

We're pretty careful that the gore only lands on unwilling punters and places like the floor and roof that are easy cleaned. You can't play the Underworld in London and get crap all over their gear, so we didn't.

We're pretty careful that the gore only lands on unwilling punters and places like the floor and roof that are easy cleaned.

There's still a bunch of blood on the dancefloor from that shooting last year that we haven't got around to mopping up yet. Blood just adds to the atmosphere and looks cool under UV light. Do you ever utlise vomit, urine, or excrement? Just asking cos we know a good supplier.

Guest tv tanned
Yeah' date=' The Needles played upstairs first, and then did a support set to Goldblade in The Works.

Long long time ago.[/quote']

October '97 if I recall. Maybe a different month that year.

I bought 'Hometurf' after the gig when we all got backstage with the Goldblade lads, they were top blokes, Marsh nicked some of their beer, they signed my CD, and I think Marsh's as well.

Great days.

There's still a bunch of blood on the dancefloor from that shooting last year that we haven't got around to mopping up yet. Blood just adds to the atmosphere and looks cool under UV light. Do you ever utlise vomit' date=' urine, or excrement? Just asking cos we know a good supplier.[/quote']

Well, Sid Riffer threw up mid-solo at the Lemon Tree last time. Crowd loved it.

We have been known to utilise offal, but that's only when we're really pushing the boat out.

I ended up back at Adie's flat with the guys afterwards. Everyone was pissed as a fart apart from John Robb' date=' who was planning the next morning's jogging schedule.

[/quote']

Funnily enough, that's how things panned out after their last Aberdeen show at Drakes, but with the Fudge Flat as the venue. They were a superb buncha geezers.

Guest tv tanned
Thursday 16th October 1997' date=' according to Rod Vegas' diary in issue 7 of Blind Youth.

I ended up back at Adie's flat with the guys afterwards. Everyone was pissed as a fart apart from John Robb, who was planning the next morning's jogging schedule.

Memories, hazy memories[/quote']

Blind Youth!?!

Fuck, now the memories come flooding back.

Where's me pipe, slippers and Werthers Originals?

• 3 weeks later...
bumpy bumpy bumpy.

the planeteers will be opening this show (onstage 8pm). they describe themselves as 3-chord eco warriors. hmmm. i believe it'll be their debut gig.

have they sold any tickets yet i ask myself? and will they be good?

Shall indeed be our debut gig. We'll have sold all our tickets...I never even got any so I need 10 at least if possible? We're gonna bring 3 chords and the truth muthafukkas. If you want 4 chords go watch a metal band. If Status Quo, The Ramones, Chuck Berry, The Beach Boys, Screeching Weasel, Bo Diddley, The Damned and The Who had an orgy, we'd be the retarded bastard child that would somehow occur. When you see us, you'll want to be a Planeteer too. Or at least want to sleep with one of us.