aberdeen-music

next FUDGE gig - we present: GOLDBLADE!

The Ghost Of Fudge

"Ten seconds into the timebomb-ticking intro to 'Black Elvis' we realise, f**k, just how we've missed Gold Blade. Oh sure, there's been all manner of snakeoil salesmen beefing soul 'n' R&B up with berdecibelic guitar pain in their absence, and the Detroint garage renaissance was anticipated by the Blades's lam-flecked devotionals. But no-one else delivers rock's gospel as surely, as totally, as Brother John Robb. His restless spirit courses through the urgency of the 'Blade's glamour-drenched strut: the sense that every moment of your life is all-or-nothing, to be lived to the utmost, and that rock 'n' roll can be your fuel, your salvation, our reason for living.

And with rock 'n' roll as sweet as this, who'd doubt him? Yowling over a re-tuned Gold Blade, Robb delivers old favourites (the oily sin of 'Hairstyle') and future classics ('Who Was The Killa?') with equal, utter conviction, a prodigal figurehead for a ragtag generation of true believers. Come join the congregation."

- Kerrang!

:music:

Fudge present GOLDBLADE + support

April Fool's Day

Friday 1st April

The Moorings

www.goldblade.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

this has made my month.

This date is definitely getting put in the calendar with a big fuck off red pen, so no clashes nuh-uh.

Hey hey, hey hey, Blaaaaaaaccccckkkkk EEElllvvviiisssss!!!!

SOUL POWER MOTHERFUCKERS :rockon:

Guest tv tanned
this has made my month.

This date is definitely getting put in the calendar with a big fuck off red pen' date=' so no clashes nuh-uh.

Hey hey, hey hey, Blaaaaaaaccccckkkkk EEElllvvviiisssss!!!!

SOUL POWER MOTHERFUCKERS :rockon:[/quote']

and so I opened my diary, red pen in hand, to find a charity event penned in, which I had promised a friend I would be at.

;(