aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost Of Fudge

next FUDGE gig - we present: GOLDBLADE!

"Ten seconds into the timebomb-ticking intro to 'Black Elvis' we realise, f**k, just how we've missed Gold Blade. Oh sure, there's been all manner of snakeoil salesmen beefing soul 'n' R&B up with berdecibelic guitar pain in their absence, and the Detroint garage renaissance was anticipated by the Blades's lam-flecked devotionals. But no-one else delivers rock's gospel as surely, as totally, as Brother John Robb. His restless spirit courses through the urgency of the 'Blade's glamour-drenched strut: the sense that every moment of your life is all-or-nothing, to be lived to the utmost, and that rock 'n' roll can be your fuel, your salvation, our reason for living.

And with rock 'n' roll as sweet as this, who'd doubt him? Yowling over a re-tuned Gold Blade, Robb delivers old favourites (the oily sin of 'Hairstyle') and future classics ('Who Was The Killa?') with equal, utter conviction, a prodigal figurehead for a ragtag generation of true believers. Come join the congregation."

- Kerrang!

:music:

Fudge present GOLDBLADE + support

April Fool's Day

Friday 1st April

The Moorings

www.goldblade.com

I take it you'll be coming on doon for this one then? :D

You should've seen Rob scampering across Drakes to ask Brian about Goldblade last Friday when I mentioned it. It was ace!

Bri... Want Shaz to get you the support acts too?

Couldn't resist :kiss::laughing:

not this time' date=' but she can feel free to pass on any other rocking bands :cheers: ya bastard

KARLOFF will be playing!

so will The Planeteers!

not this time' date=' but she can feel free to pass on any other rocking bands :cheers: ya bastard

KARLOFF will be playing!

so will The Planeteers!

That kinda talk woulda got you sacked, but sadly all I can do now is shout 'BALDY COOT!' :rockon:

LONG LIVE FRIDGE! Say the Staccccatttto Sett :love:

Freezer section of Makro! Voting slips attached to each packet of crinkle chips and chicken nuggets! Nominations are being accepted for venue where cold nipples are least likely to settle... Same nominations for happiest male punters in the town!

so noone wants us to play? shame! wouldve been kool to play with goldblade, karlofff and the planeteers all on the same bill!!!!

this has made my month.

This date is definitely getting put in the calendar with a big fuck off red pen, so no clashes nuh-uh.

Hey hey, hey hey, Blaaaaaaaccccckkkkk EEElllvvviiisssss!!!!

SOUL POWER MOTHERFUCKERS :rockon:

Fudge you make me sick but i love you.

Christ I think it was June or July 2002 when I saw Goldblade in Dr Drakes with The Needles. Yes? Anyone? Such power and glory. I dig this shit. DIG IT.

KARLOFF will be playing!

so will The Planeteers!

Cant wait for this one :cheers:

this has made my month.

This date is definitely getting put in the calendar with a big fuck off red pen' date=' so no clashes nuh-uh.

Hey hey, hey hey, Blaaaaaaaccccckkkkk EEElllvvviiisssss!!!!

SOUL POWER MOTHERFUCKERS :rockon:[/quote']

and so I opened my diary, red pen in hand, to find a charity event penned in, which I had promised a friend I would be at.

;(