aberdeen-music

World Of Warcraft [Warning: May Contain Traces Of GeekTalk]

Mr. Tristen

i run it on a p4 2.8ghz 512mb laptop with a radeon 9000 mobility card and i don't have any major problems.

So it agree's with your laptop as far as keyboard commands are concerned?

Being a laptop user i find nothing more annoying than games giving me a big hassle for not having a proper numpad, or other laptop-ish things...

Darn you final fantasy 7...

Cheers

Ross

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else going to be playing World of Warcraft when it hits the shop today? If so theres a large contingent of Aberdonians already playing in a group as soon as we make the 8am exodus to Game. I've been keeping an eye on the servers since they opened at midnight and narrowed it down to a few candidates...

Will keep looking up until the time I get back with a nice shiny copy but at the moment the server Emerald Dream is looking favourite' date=' with Azjol-Nerub in second.

Anyway if anyone wants to join us give me a shout, and goodbye to you all, Aberdeen shall not see me walk its grey streets for the next six weeks...

[/geek']

You'll never get better than Warcraft 3

So it agree's with your laptop as far as keyboard commands are concerned?

Being a laptop user i find nothing more annoying than games giving me a big hassle for not having a proper numpad' date=' or other laptop-ish things...

Darn you final fantasy 7...

Cheers

Ross[/quote']

:ODo you have the PC version?! I've looked for that everywhere! I actually had a copy once the but my 200MHz Pentium couldn't hack it. Damn, I need a copy so much. I've been tempted to buy a Playstation but I don't think I'll ever bring myself to

:ODo you have the PC version?! I've looked for that everywhere! I actually had a copy once the but my 200MHz Pentium couldn't hack it. Damn' date=' I need a copy so much. I've been tempted to buy a Playstation but I don't think I'll ever bring myself to[/quote']

Yup, although its on loan...

If you like once i get it back i can trade you a copy for 3 blank cd's?

How? Or were you in the beta with us? I dunno' date=' played both and I prefer WoW, but then we're very pro-Blizzard products. Yeah some people say the graphics are kinda cartoony and lame, but to be honest it means the game runs better. Breathtaking graphics are for single player first person shooters, MMORPG should be less taxing on the system as there enough to slow it down as it is.

Persides, my first gryphon flight was the closest I've had to sex this week...[/quote']

Yeah so what if I die falling off the dock in the Harbour in EQ2 just from lag...I still think the game is far more better. Plus I chill in Antonica where the lag is next to nothing. The lag is only bad in the towns.

Make sure you have the most up-to-date DirectX. It's becoming quite essential in newer games. Yeah, sometimes you might need to uninstall the graphics drivers supplied by Windows and download them or get them from a disk (if you have one). OpenGL happens to be a bitch for me for some completely unknown reason.Of course, there's always the possibility that your computer is just crap

It's getting halfway through installing disc 3 (why couldn't they put it on a dvd?) and then bailing with the following error:

The file "D:\Installer Tome 3.mpq" could not be opened' date=' because an error -2062548861 occurred[/quote']

Maybe the game doesn't like your RAM. You're not alone - this may be of interest...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-tech-support&T=5857&P=17

well that sucks. seems strange that my RAM might cause a problem with one program but has never caused problems with anything else.

I've found a good post from blizzard's tech support on the european site with some tips to try and get around the problem. Now to open a beer or two and work through them.