aberdeen-music

World Of Warcraft [Warning: May Contain Traces Of GeekTalk]

Mr. Tristen

Anyone else going to be playing World of Warcraft when it hits the shop today? If so theres a large contingent of Aberdonians already playing in a group as soon as we make the 8am exodus to Game. I've been keeping an eye on the servers since they opened at midnight and narrowed it down to a few candidates...

Will keep looking up until the time I get back with a nice shiny copy but at the moment the server Emerald Dream is looking favourite, with Azjol-Nerub in second.

Anyway if anyone wants to join us give me a shout, and goodbye to you all, Aberdeen shall not see me walk its grey streets for the next six weeks...

[/geek]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

already have had the game for over a month...it's stupid. EQ2 is better. And you don't have many char selections like EQ2...and the chars look gay as hell.

How? Or were you in the beta with us? I dunno, played both and I prefer WoW, but then we're very pro-Blizzard products. Yeah some people say the graphics are kinda cartoony and lame, but to be honest it means the game runs better. Breathtaking graphics are for single player first person shooters, MMORPG should be less taxing on the system as there enough to slow it down as it is.

Persides, my first gryphon flight was the closest I've had to sex this week...

i'm just about to start playing, just downloading the update just now. i think my friend is on the bladefist server so i'm planning on going on there.

world of warcraft looks awesome, the reason i chose it over galaxies was because they're(blizzard) planning to be very active in it and keep updating and creating things to do in it whereas i've heard galaxies is just kinda left and there's too many ubercharacters in it who make it no fun. the resting points that you get in warcraft makes it very attractive for the gamer with no time and a girlfriend who dissaproves of excessive gaming.

Im really considering getting into a mmorpg, and this game in particular, but since you guys seems pretty clued up, i wanna ask you a few things?

1) How smooth does the game run for you?

I have a fairly high spec pc (p4 3.2ghz, 512mb ram, ati radeon 9700 128mb) and i 1.1mbps internet connection

I played the free public trial of galaxies, and found i was bouncing about all over the shop, utterly unplayable...

2)How is the online community?

The amount of twats that play call of duty almost stops me playing it, too many 1337 D00dz that call me a noob if i kill them, or a camper if i snipe them, or a sprayer... the list goes on.

Im sure i had other questions, but i cant think of them right now...

Thanks in advance

Ross

l33t is banned in world of warcraft both in the naming system and in talk to try and make a more realistic atmosphere... Community wise each server apparently varies very greatly, so its worth doing some research. Our server Azjol-Nerub is quite unique, it it VERY quiet by standards, thus I'd say it has a far closer community. We play and run a clan, about a dozen of whom are aberdonians anyway and we always all play together so theres always a group of us so its not loney and we don't really need to sorry about other people. Being a PvE server haven't had to worry about PvP stuff yet, but again being a small server I'm sure it will

end up being very friendly... Oh and the opposite faction can't call you a n00b cause they don't speak the same language! System spces should run it nicely, though we've found 1gb of RAM makes a huge difference recently.

yea i've found it to be completely free of idiots so far. the only problem you have is folk spamming channels selling stuff(as in trade goods like leather armour not mobile phones). i'm on both the server that tristen is on and bladefist. bladefist is a pvp server and is one of the busiest in the game, however i've found that it still runs super smooth with the only problems i've encountered being when i go into a massive city like the horde capital ogrimmar but the problem only occurs the initial time i enter in each session so it's not too bad. graphics wise it's not too intensive and has lots of options to improve performance. i run it on a p4 2.8ghz 512mb laptop with a radeon 9000 mobility card and i don't have any major problems. the community is helpful even with the most stupid of my newbie questions (how do i abandon my pet? try clicking abandon pet. oh, thanks!).

wow is the greatest game i've ever played.

Eve-Online for teh win!!!!

Well I've played both EQ2 and WoW and despite that little server incident on launch day I'd have to go with WoW at the moment. EQ2 is less stable than Uranium-238. (I also find it abit annoying when you have just killed the 80' Death-Giant, then proceed to get owned by the red ++ "Slightly Miffted Badger" )

Sounds good,

I look to get the game early next month.

I will most likely join the your server with the aberdonian population, and become a social leech, i hope you dont mind...

As far as class and race goes, its human paladin all the way. You can even get a paladin specific warhorse, its gonna be like relieving my AD&D days all over again...

Holy weapons /shudder...