aberdeen-music

Inspired drumming...

Rob Karloff

I'm not a drummer (or musician) myself but I always marvel at Alex Van Halen - the intro to Hot For Teacher is amazing. He (and the band) turned very predictable later on, but the earlier albums have some fantastic drumming on them.

Just thought i'd chip in with that, but i fear I may be wrong here? If anything it gets me playing air drums........

:rockon::band:

Not by any stretch of the imagination the best drummer ever but Jess Margera of cKy is one of my favourite to listen to. I'm not exactly a die hard fan but i could tell you which song i was listening to by just a few bars of any track. Every drum track seems to be done from scratch and just perfectly written around the music... just brilliant to listen to.

Tony roysters a fantastic drummer, check out common ground with dennis chambers and 22 by jon reshard, tonys on them both, this guys crazy.

Marco minnemanns also a great drummer and he's a exceptional all round musician too which just makes me more jealous. check out Comfortably homeless for drum chops galore and his latest cd meize which is more mainstream and almost blink 182 at times.

Interesting thread. The three drummers that I think are the best are:

Jimmy Chamberlin (Smashing Pumpkins) - The guy is a legend. Trained as a jazz drummer, he is possibly the finest modern rock drummer around. Very technical, and never misses a beat.

'Puffy' (Faith No More/Ozzy) - A deceptivly simple drummer, he plays tight, and for some bizzare reason, he does not seemed to have aged since the start of the 90's!

Joey (Slipknot) - Best metal drummer by a country mile. Plays faster than anyone I have ever seen, and even filled in for Metallica last second.

'Puffy' (Faith No More/Ozzy) - A deceptivly simple drummer' date=' he plays tight, and for some bizzare reason, he does not seemed to have aged since the start of the 90's!

Joey (Slipknot) - Best metal drummer by a country mile. Plays faster than anyone I have ever seen, and even filled in for Metallica last second.[/quote']

I agree with you fully lad on those two. And the Mike 'Puffy' Bordin nae aging thing - creepy!

Shannon Larkin from Amen and Danny Goffey have proved pleasing to me. Neil Cooper is an ace drummer as well. Not the dude on here mind (although maybe he is) but the chap from Therapy? Thunderous at Moshulu he was.

Billy Freedom from Queen Adreena comes to mind at the moment as well.

• 2 weeks later...

quality drummers:

Lars Ulrich (especially Master of Puppets and Justice for all...)

John Bonham

Tre Cool (check out his speed and fills on Kerplunk and Dookie - fuck yeah - plus he's absolutely note perfect live)

Jose Pasillas

Reni from the Stone Roses - in my opinion the best British drummer of the 1990's by a long shot - see him live on Blackpool '89 gig and you'll see why - check out his skills at the end of 'I am the ressurection' - fucking outrageous

Mike