aberdeen-music

Who updates the gig calendar on this site?

french_disko

It's just that, well, it's a bit crap really - always seems to be a bit empty even when there are events on.

Idealy, it would be great to have one that lists all the gigs for the Lemon Tree, Tunnels, Drummonds, Moorings, Moshulu, Music Hall, AECC etc, etc with a bit of detail in them.

So, who's reponsible for it at present? Bands? Promoters? Venues?

Moorings' date=' Moshulu and Lemon Tree wouldn't be too happy if non-sponsors had their gigs listed... However, it's true that the calendar updating is a wee bit woeful. Wasn't that one of the posts that Neil gave to someone?[/quote']

Surely these venues want people to attend their gigs though?

This is free advertising, basically.

I'd be more likely to find out about a gig reading it here (which I look at every day) rather than, say, a poster on the venue (which I might walk past once or twice a week/month).

Surely these venues want people to attend their gigs though?

This is free advertising' date=' basically.

I'd be more likely to find out about a gig reading it here (which I look at every day) rather than, say, a poster on the venue (which I might walk past once or twice a week/month).[/quote']

I completely agree. I'd be more likely to go looking for gigs to go to if they were all listed in one place, rather than just occasionally go to gigs that I find out about by chance in the Lemon Tree booklet or by band mailing lists etc.

But evidently Drummonds etc don't agree.