aberdeen-music

Anyone else going to see Lars Fredriksen and Mad Sin in Edinburgh tonight??

Rob Karloff

yeah my mate saw lars in exeter and said he wasn't that amazed by the performance. hmmm

Why is it that most girls want to bed/marry him?? I thought he was quite an ugly fucker. Reeeeeeally bad facial tattoos as well. Funny how no-one noticed him much until the whole Rancid thing... Didn't see many girls falling at his feet when he used to play with UK Subs! :p

Were Ant and Anderson there as I had thought?

Yes, but Anderson and his mate couldn't get tickets so headed through to Glasgow for their Green Day gig tonight. Mant came back with us, generally complained most of the time, and whined when "Machine Gun Etiquette" happened to have played through and all the way back up to track 4 and was still on when he awoke, despite every fucker in the car having fallen asleep and it being somewhat difficult for me to rake through a CD wallet for another CD while driving at 90mph odd and concentrating on staying alert/awake.

haha i don't know about marrying him... but you know' date=' i've seen worse lol. And yeah "skunx" across your forehead... as long as he's happy i suppose. Personally i think he's become a bit of a sexist twat these days. But each to their own..[/quote']

Well, he made it a big deal to change it to "spkunx" or something, because Psychobillies are the new punk or something... :p;)

Also a long, long, loooong rant about hippies and their possible similarities to Hitler.

Yes' date=' but Anderson and his mate couldn't get tickets so headed through to Glasgow for their Green Day gig tonight. Mant came back with us, generally complained most of the time, and whined when "Machine Gun Etiquette" happened to have played through and all the way back up to track 4 and was still on when he awoke, despite every fucker in the car having fallen asleep and it being somewhat difficult for me to rake through a CD wallet for another CD while driving at 90mph odd and concentrating on staying alert/awake.[/quote']

That's the Mant I know and tolerate! :p

What sort of things?

This all seems to be adding up to a really disappointing gig! What did everyone else you were with make of it?

Well, some dude was getting too violent in the pit I guess, so he went on a big tirade over that, saying he would go down there and fight him, etc, etc. It was a good 5-10 minute debate and the old "I don't want anyone to get hurt" lines. Then again later with some speeded up girl the same kinda thing. Fuck knows what the security folks were doing to be honest.

Everyone else with me was there to see Mad Sin really, but the general concensus was average, bit samey. Mant reckoned that in Glasgow the night before Mad Sin were better than Lars and the boys.

I also thought the guy Gordie was kind pointless, strutting round and adding the occasional backing vox. Hey hey.