aberdeen-music

BANDS @ imagine

Guest spikefae20dj

Guest spikefae20dj

hey guy's seein as ther's nomore drake's :swearing::down: i figured i'd speak to my boss and he say's i can get bands playin. so if u'r needin a gig or know anyone whois let me or kirkt know :rockon: i want a good lineup for the openin lineup and if it get's popular there may be other night's than just sunday :band:

It doesn't have a stage as far as I'm aware... and no, there's not a PA.

There's not even a sound system for the club nights really. It's kinda like a gym hall with a school disco in it.

I love it.

Guest spikefae20dj

P.A. system

no ther's no pa system but i can get one so bands don't need to worry about that. It's my job to make sure things run properly and that all the equipment is there so don't worry about it. Iv got Kirk helpin with it anyway if any of u's know him u know he know's a fair few folk and is quite commited when he's running a gig :rockon: besides the layout in imagine is perfect for running gigs :cheers:

You'll probably be expected to bring your own PA system. And just about everything else (if I know Imagine you'll have to do and pay for your own advertising as well). I used to DJ there (the first to bring rock music to that place with a friend of mine) and a word of warning if you want to get paid make sure you speak to the boss first. One better, do what no-one has done before and get it in writing. Otherwise things can get out of hand. I used to play downstairs (guitar + singing) in the Small World Cafe Bar and I still haven't seen a penny of that 160 for playing from 9pm-closing time for almost two weeks. And that was in the summer holidays of 2004!!! You have be warned! On the otherhand I did get paid for DJing at least for some of my nights(which I did afterwards) and that was because I did speak to the boss directly (my guitar play was arranged by one of the bar staff who needless to say no longer works there. But he was actually one of the cooler bar staff).

But it's one of those places you really need to see for yourself. Also it does have the added bonus of having two floor so you could (as I suggested to the boss once) have a band playing at the top floor and then have some rock music playing on the first floor (a DJ obviously) afterwards till the club has to shut. Man, me and my money making schemes. I should have mortgaged my flat and bought the place myself.

That's my view on the subject but I believe you should make your decision.

Keep jammin'

Patch

Guest spikefae20dj

bands gettin payed

if u want payed u deal through me as i keep sayin so don't worry about getting payed as like i seem to have to keep sayin i'm incharge of the nights so if it doesn't get good turnouts it costs me money so that's why i want to get a rep first cause i'm not the richest of people, but i will payout kirk 'll vouch for me :rockon:

Agree

Well, if it really is you in charge then it should work. It's just I was unsure whether it would be you or Sultan running it as he was wanting to have live bands in there for ages. Even before you started DJ ing there. And even the bar staff have made complaints about being paid there (though they may have left). And they seemed to do no work at all! I actually think you'll do a good job. Good luck with it. Hope to see you in town some time soon

Patch

(Simon)