aberdeen-music

Cleartone MP3's - Have a wee listen....

PaulDW

Hi there,

We have put four of our EP recordings onto Pure Volume site (and have updated all our info) so that people can take a listen. Let us know what you think, or simply listen to them.

http://www.purevolume.com/cleartone

They are similar to the last lot we put on, but this is the mastered mix, with backing vocals, our previous recording were just the first basic mix...

I hope you enjoy them... but If not... We tried anyway!

:band:

We will be bringing more vocals into our shows... Although they will be slightly less melodic/harmonised as the recordings are.. As that was me singing all the parts...

Yep... Glasgow on the 18th Feb (If anyone is going to be down there around then, feel free to come along... Its free entry at Rockers) and a showcase gig in Birmingham on the 22nd... 10am we're onstage... 10am... What a rock n' roll time to play.... *coughs*

Yeah the echo is a bitty overdone.. Although at the price it costs to keep mastering it, we won't be going in to change it... But its definitely noted... In general though, I am very happy with the final results. The echo does work well on some of the other tracks though.

Aye, your right Rach... Jonno is Jonno!!

Some big gigs coming up.. Hopefully we can get something set up in Aberdeen again soon.

Cheers for the feedback... It's all very much appreciated!

some not-at-all bad stuff going on there. I listened to them all, some pretty good riffs and solos too. Liked the vocals as well actually, and although the echo/delay is overdone, after a while you get used to it and it gives the singer more of an identity of his own - as if it was actually MEANT to sound like that.

On a downside I would say, that recording quality wise, the distorted guitars don't have much presence and sometimes you know something is being played but can't really hear what.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i would have given the bass a massive push on these recordings, its not bad mind you. its pretty over compressed when it goes heavy too.

decent songs, poor lyrics/song names, i would have stripped the overproduction and the dodgy guitar effects.

i think this band could be pretty decent if they got their sound sorted out though, some nae bad choons here

im sure it would be a helluva lot better live

Well just now... we sound nothing like our EP cause we have changed a lot of our equipment, and of course have a new guitarist, with a completely different style of play. We've revamped a lot of it since it was recorded...

Aye guitar sound is not that great in a lot of places... We tried so many different combination, but we did something wrong there. Again though, I dont make a big deal of it, because it has grown on me.

Lyrics haven't been changed that much... I can sing, but my lyrical ability... is not that great... As the songs show!

Cheers for all the feedback... Its all very much appreicated! Keep it coming...

The guys have worked so damn hard the last couple of months.. They have come back a much better band than they were last summer. I'll be the first to say that these recordings are good, but maybe don't quite do the justice to the guys that i would expect... They are great live, or they have been since they reformed and start playing again...

Ive spoken to Paul on a few occasions about the recordings, and he shares the same concerns about them... But they aren't too downhearted, they're getting some good gigs outta these.

Keep it up guys! Hope Glasgow and Birmingham go well for you! ust don't forget about Aberdeen....

Thanks for that... Nah we won't forget, looks like we have a gig set up at Drummonds on the 5th March for those that are interested.

There's a better chemistry in the band I think since Rory came in, and we started practicing a lot more... It was completely different at the time we were recording.

We're enjoying ourselves just now though...

• 2 weeks later...

i like this, especially "something to live for" and "alone" (after it gets past the intro)

just a couple of things - the distortion on the guitar again..

rory is a really good guitarist, but perhaps too many guitar effects...again i know thats already been said..

but all round, some good stuff :)

Rory is an exceleent guitarist... On these recording it was our former guitarist. Although, in both cases it works, we are hoping tog et in to record some of the newer stuff with Rory. But these recordings are reasonably accurate...

I agree with comments about guitar tone... but we spent as much tome as we could to try and get something together, Hog knows what I mean.

Cheers for all the feedback folks... seriously, it really is appreciated.