aberdeen-music

manufactured backlash

Guest Zeenat Aman

Perfect time for Sundaram to get out there and be noticed! Here's what the US reviewer Lee Jackson wrote recently....

Another newbie comes to me via a package from the very kind Alan Davidson aka The Kitchen Cynics, whose "Compulsive Songwriting Disorder" has just been issued on CD-R by Audiobot. His chum Phillip Johnston plays a very accomplished mix of jazz psych in the Gong and Caravan mold along with true blue psych folk gems and spacious acid detours on the self-released "Sundaram" CD-R, featuring lyrics on one track penned by Davidson. This is a an absolutely captivating surprise that I hope more people will hear. Rarely does a self-released demo come with these kinds of complex harmonies and such a wide musical berth (incorporating guitars, flute, bass, mellotron, etc) that's fully dressed for mass consumption. Contact Phillip here for more info. In the same package Alan threw in the Kitchen Cynics' brand new self-released "Master of the Fuzzy Fadeout," which features 18 more mellow psych folk pop gems anchored on his languid vocals and trippy-dippy noise effects, introduced by John Peel of all people. Includes a Green Pajamas and Fairport cover, a re-recorded version of Bridget St. John's "Ask Me No Questions" and a guest contribution from Jesse Poe of the moody chamber folkies Tanakh.

Guest Zeenat Aman

:love: Lovely...

Got some new ideas on the go now as well, more beat driven than the older material. Should make for a more style varied listening. I'm not so prolific with words though, so ahem.;)

I will have a web page up and running soon, where peeps can download sundaramusic.

The future looks (rose tinted glasses may need to be worn) beautiful!

:)

Perfect time for Sundaram to get out there and be noticed! Here's what the US reviewer Lee Jackson wrote recently....

Another newbie comes to me via a package from the very kind Alan Davidson aka The Kitchen Cynics' date=' whose "Compulsive Songwriting Disorder" has just been issued on CD-R by Audiobot. His chum Phillip Johnston plays a very accomplished mix of jazz psych in the Gong and Caravan mold along with true blue psych folk gems and spacious acid detours on the self-released "Sundaram" CD-R, featuring lyrics on one track penned by Davidson. This is a an absolutely captivating surprise that I hope more people will hear. Rarely does a self-released demo come with these kinds of complex harmonies and such a wide musical berth (incorporating guitars, flute, bass, mellotron, etc) that's fully dressed for mass consumption. Contact Phillip here for more info. In the same package Alan threw in the Kitchen Cynics' brand new self-released "Master of the Fuzzy Fadeout," which features 18 more mellow psych folk pop gems anchored on his languid vocals and trippy-dippy noise effects, introduced by John Peel of all people. Includes a Green Pajamas and Fairport cover, a re-recorded version of Bridget St. John's "Ask Me No Questions" and a guest contribution from Jesse Poe of the moody chamber folkies Tanakh.[/quote']

Gareth Grundy, deputy editor of music magazine "Q," was equally upbeat.

"There are bands that are in for the long haul like Keane and Franz Ferdinand. Coldplay could be of the same stature as REM -- a proper global force," he said.

"What is selling in Britain is what is good," he added. "That is hugely encouraging. Right now we are in a very healthy place -- I don't see bands as interesting or as original as Franz Ferdinand, Muse or the Libertines coming out of America."

Franz Ferdinand? original? *Cough* talking heads *cough*