aberdeen-music

new idlewild album

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

warnigs/promises

i have an advance copy and it is fucking rubbish, its mainly all acoustic guitar and lacks any kind of energy, perhaps they wrote it when they were sleeping

urgh

maybe its a grower :down:

Guest stuartmaxwell

i am fully aware of this dave,

honestly though, the quality of the songwriting has dwindled somewhat and roddys faux american monotone voice is very irratating

i reckoned in remote part/scottish fiction is their best song, but this album sounds like live in a hiding place and i never wanted from the last album.

it is very poor

Cool

I`ll like it then. Roddy was saying that he`s listening to shot loads of folk music to Murry from the X-Certs. can only be a good thing in my eyes.

Looking forward to hearing the album.

Anyone else notice that Kerrang called them "Emo Tinged Scots Rockers"......No.... didn`t think so...

i am fully aware of this dave' date='

honestly though, the quality of the songwriting has dwindled somewhat and roddys faux [b']american monotone voice is very irratating

i reckoned in remote part/scottish fiction is their best song, but this album sounds like live in a hiding place and i never wanted from the last album.

it is very poor

I disagree strongly. He's only just started sounding Scottish.

Guest stuartmaxwell
I disagree strongly. He's only just started sounding Scottish.

nope, it is faux american whiney nonsense. have a listen to the album. you will agree

honestly, the acoustic guitar playing is TERRIBLE. it is soooo middle of the road, it is honestly like travis, busted and snow patrol all in one. i was expecting much better

i had my chandelier and satan polaroid vnyil on at the weekend, nobody believed it was idlewild

i had my chandelier and satan polaroid vnyil on at the weekend' date=' nobody believed it was idlewild[/quote']

man, that was fucking amazing. what wonderful vinyl! in honour of that night, i am investing in a record player.

as regards idlewild, i have no intentions of buying the new album. i adore what they used to be too much to spoil it. they were my favourite band in the world. Were.

warnigs/promises

i have an advance copy and it is fucking rubbish' date=' its mainly all acoustic guitar and lacks any kind of energy, perhaps they wrote it when they were sleeping

urgh

maybe its a grower :down:[/quote']

Yeah there is a band that has just gone for the same musical formulae, so boring for me now. They must have lack of talent if all they can do is produce the same sound over and over. Saying that just got the new mars volta jap retail and its nice

hoho. you're asking for it :nono:

no but if you listen to swim/polythene' date=' then listen to pushing the senses, there's a BIG difference. And when i say 'difference' i mean a negative one.[/quote']

Is it any surprise?

And if they'd made albums all sounding like Polythene they'd get slagged off too. No win situation really.

You obviously haven't heard the b-sides off the recent single.... which are anything but bland...... The album is also a grower. Granted, it's very different.

Is it any surprise?

And if they'd made albums all sounding like Polythene they'd get slagged off too. No win situation really.

You obviously haven't heard the b-sides off the recent single.... which are anything but bland...... The album is also a grower. Granted' date=' it's very different.[/quote']

fair do's i suppose.

i've only listened to the album twice but i should probably give it a chance.