aberdeen-music

Young Botb final 13th

Mush

Yo i bet none of you know who i am or who my band are but im in the band Johnnys funky kollosus and i was wondering if anybody knew who else was playing in the final of the young unexperienced battle of the bands :) If anyone could tel me it would be helpfull so thanks for whatever info. Oh and go along because its the final :)!

Yo i bet none of you know who i am or who my band are but im in the band Johnnys funky kollosus and i was wondering if anybody knew who else was playing in the final of the young unexperienced battle of the bands :) If anyone could tel me it would be helpfull so thanks for whatever info. Oh and go along because its the final :)!

I know who you are, and I was there on Sunday. Great band, but learn to play as a band, you really need to spend less time soloing and more time playing together, it is a Battle of the Bands after all. I'd also say that the weak link as it stands is the singer who doesn't do justice to the whole sound.

Cheers

Stuart

Yea we dont get allot of time to practise because were all fairly busy all the time but yea were working on that. And our singer is a VERY new addidtion to the band and he was way beter than our old singer so we werent expecting him to be great that night really. But yeah cool.

Hi... I know who's playing at Battle of the Bands this Sunday at Cafe Drummonds...

The other 2 bands are Skunk In A Bottle ('sketchy metal' like System of a Down) who are from Kingston/Spey Bay in Moray and Stereohype (www.freewebs.com/stereohype - metal like Pantera, Korn, Metallica etc) from Kingston/Fochabers in Moray. I'll be at the gig to support both bands as I have friends in both... but I'll give the other band that's playing a chance!! I don't care which band wins at all, just looking forward to a good night of music.

at least they had a singer though!

From what i heard the singer in the last band was also the singer of the second band and decided he only wanted to play one set, imo he played the wrong one. I thought JFK were the most original band, but they're still not playing enough like a band, they need to get out iof the writing cliche's and really, really need a better singer, their singer just doesn't have a strong enough voice. All that said they should have won, the band that won were a terrible band, technically proficient, but the singer again couldn't sing, and came accross as a cheap covers band as listening to their set i identified most of the riffs etc taken from other artists. At least the secind band were trying to do something interesting with the scratching etc. JFK actually could go somewhere with a decent singerand better song, I'd even consider managing them :p

Cheers

Stuart

That's probably true. But I still think - and I'm pretty honest about this stuff - that they were the best band. The other two were both great, but JFK just seemed to me to have more going on in their songs, and just a more interesting set in general.

Still, time is on their side. They will return - better... louder... metaller... :rockon:

I thought JFK rocked it right, next time just a tighter set, with more of your own songs.

Second band were good in my opinion - just songs were too long and some lyrics/singer would have been nice.

Last band had good riffage the drummer was really good on the double bass....but the 'singer' only shouted. Some shouting and yelling is always fun but it just sounded like every second word was 'Chikca abooowwwaaisiooowwwiaweiwww".

If JFK had been on last and the last band had been first i sense a different outcome would have been seen.