aberdeen-music

Drakes makes DiS news...

Guest Cowboy Dan

yeah that was our good friend Adam from Mountain Men Anonymus that did the article....

not exactly a great 'official statement' there from me by any means....that was just bits taken from an email conversation we were having really!

s

& look out for this week's Gaudie!!!!!!!!!!!!

out on Monday or Tuesday me thinks

I was speaking to the guy who runs Solid Gold the games shop in Holburn Street about Drakes today. He used to go quite a lot and really sympathises. He will be in a similar leasing quandary quite soon and really depends on the continued support of his regular customers, who are constantly being tempted by supermarket bargains etc., and just assume that he'll always be there. It's such a shame when small businesses are only really appreciated after it's too late. Maybe the tragic demise of the best venue in the country can at least be a lesson for everyone not to take their local small businesses for granted, and support them while they still can...

I was speaking to the guy who runs Solid Gold the games shop in Holburn Street about Drakes today. He used to go quite a lot and really sympathises. He will be in a similar leasing quandary quite soon and really depends on the continued support of his regular customers' date=' who are constantly being tempted by supermarket bargains etc., and just assume that he'll always be there. It's such a shame when small businesses are only really appreciated after it's too late. Maybe the tragic demise of the best venue in the country can at least be a lesson for everyone not to take their local small businesses for granted, and support them while they still can...[/quote']

thats very true, the supermarkets have screwed small businesses & suppliers into the ground. Not only support local support small businesses......small is beautiful.

I was speaking to the guy who runs Solid Gold the games shop in Holburn Street about Drakes today. He used to go quite a lot and really sympathises. He will be in a similar leasing quandary quite soon and really depends on the continued support of his regular customers' date=' who are constantly being tempted by supermarket bargains etc., and just assume that he'll always be there. It's such a shame when small businesses are only really appreciated after it's too late. Maybe the tragic demise of the best venue in the country can at least be a lesson for everyone not to take their local small businesses for granted, and support them while they still can...[/quote']

That's crap news also, SG's the best place to get real bargains like box sets of DVD's and brilliant/forgotten games, but as you've said, you just assume that these wee places used to house gems will just always be there. I might have to start paying more regular visits to the place as i've never walked out of there empty handed.

shit i love solid gold...i used to go in and ask him how to get past certain bits in Broken Sword and he always knew the answer. Must be really hard for him with 2 games, a gamstation plus HMV and Virgin. I'll always support places like that, just like I'll always buy records from One Up (though most records I do buy is mailorder) or comics from Plan 9