aberdeen-music

Two questions.

Lemonade

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I think Ronnie Watt is the main man in this neck of the woods to see about hyee-yah antics.

You get a signature by paying 2 a month to the illustrious Webmaster Neil. I would like to do this but I don't have a credit card and Pay-Pal is an alien concept. Are there any other ways to pay, direct debit, cheque or something?

I think Ronnie Watt is the main man in this neck of the woods to see about hyee-yah antics.

Depends what you want to do really. There's no shortage of half decent schools in various disciplines in Aberdeen. There's a few good Karate schools, at least 2 good ITF Taekwondo schools, an excellent Hung Ga kung fu school and even a Mixed Martial Arts (brazilian ju jitsu/ jeet kune do) school. The best thing if you want to start martial arts is to look on the internet and yellow pages and check a few out, see what takes your fancy.

You get a signature by paying 2 a month to the illustrious Webmaster Neil. I would like to do this but I don't have a credit card and Pay-Pal is an alien concept. Are there any other ways to pay' date=' direct debit, cheque or something?[/quote']

Paypal's not so scary once you get your head round it ;)

Guest Neubeatz

Jake, Try setting up a fake paypal acc, use false details/email etc, get the hang... you dont have to use it, but you can get on to the site without it draining your bank account you know,

Listen, my mate reckons that if he puts a mobile phone near his head, then the scammers will activate a mind reading programme which will be able to decode his bank account numbers, social security numbers, pension plan, and bleed his funds dry without him being able to stop it,

Pay Pal wont do that you know,

But you should scan your pc for trojans/malware/keyloggers before using!!! :)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Sheesh, this is far too technological for me. There was nothing wrong at all with telegrams and carrier pigeons.

*suddenly dawns that he's using the internet*

Ju Jitsu has the most real world application. It's also the most violent. Are there any Ju Jitsu dojos in Aberdeen?

not a pure BJJ school' date=' but Aberdeen Martial Arts Group run various seminars including Ju Jitsu:

[url']http://www.amag.org.uk/

And saying one art works better in the real world than any other is similar to saying one music style is better than any other. It's all down to personal opinion. Personally I think Ju Jitsu works extremely well in one on one situations and in sports fighting (UFC, Pride etc) but it's no better than anything else outside of that. It's certainly not the most violent martial art.

Basically any martial art will help you in a real world situation, don't worry about that when choosing one just look for one you like and will enjoy training in. That's the most important thing.

I do shukokai karate, and both of my instructors have done several years of ju jitsu, aikido and various other martial arts, which has led to them incorporating bits and pieces from them all into what we all learn (many locks, vital points and good defence for potential real life situations), its very much fun and i could take you all on anyday....

but, no you cant join, because its not in aberdeen! ho ho