aberdeen-music

Samples, beats and things

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest Zeenat Aman

I,m looking to buy a good sampler type machine that would be suitable for both recording and live work.

I want to be able to sample beats, grooves, tabla's etc from albums edit/create my own rhythms and sounds from them, then be able to store and use these loops and hits when I wish.

Any recommendations, nothing too exspensive though?

Guest Zeenat Aman
You could use a simple wave editor on your pc' date=' goldwave, wavelab?[/quote']

Chris you silly billy...

I dont want to be lugging my pc and monitor about to gigs :p, I've got what i need in my pc already, but I want a stand alone, portable unit yah dig!?

:)

EDIT: What about this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58722&item=3779612735&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

Anyone used one of these?

Guest Neubeatz
Chris you silly billy...

I dont want to be lugging my pc and monitor about to gigs , I've got what i need in my pc already, but I want a stand alone, portable unit yah dig!?

I know what you mean really,

eh' what was the set up that you guys used with DRN? was there a laptop involved?

Guest Zeenat Aman
I know what you mean really' date='

eh' what was the set up that you guys used with DRN? was there a [b']laptop involved?

Kev and Ziggy used 4 tracks, lap tops and effects pedals etc... I erm, played the flute!

Guest Neubeatz

Yamaha DX7

KorgM1,

RolandTR505,

Pentium450,

Alesis Midiverb,

Fostex x-26(for mixer)

Sennheiser mic

Ableton 3.0.2

Fruity Loops 4.5.2

I know its a lot of stuff to lug around, but if I could get some decent paying gigs then I could buy some new stuff, but the blacklist etc etc.........:(