aberdeen-music

Manics Corn Exchange Tickets

NARC

Trust you to know the answer! I do want to go' date=' Glasgow was enjoyable, but ive heard bad things about the "exchange", ie bad sound/former abbatoir[/quote']

I'm more annoyed about the lack of a Dublin date, I wanted another jaunt across there :( And the Olympia was a fucking ace venue, definitely way, way better than the cattle sheds at the SECC.

From what I've heard about the Exchange, it's a decent venue, but a fair size - bigger than the barrowlands apparently, which isn't filling me full of hope :\

I'm annoyed about it not being at the SECC either, but that's because queuing inside with toilets and a shop nearby rocks all :D and the idiot on me will want to be at the barrier in Edinburgh yet again, so that's another queue-from-stupid-o'clock job :(

I'm more annoyed about the lack of a Dublin date' date=' I wanted another jaunt across there :( And the Olympia was a fucking ace venue, definitely way, way better than the cattle sheds at the SECC.

From what I've heard about the Exchange, it's a decent venue, but a fair size - bigger than the barrowlands apparently, which isn't filling me full of hope :\

I'm annoyed about it not being at the SECC either, but that's because queuing inside with toilets and a shop nearby rocks all :D and the idiot on me will want to be at the barrier in Edinburgh yet again, so that's another queue-from-stupid-o'clock job :([/quote']

God you Manic fans never stop moaning do you? :p

Me and Jazz were quite near the front in SECC' date=' but i was dismayed to see the high preponderance of casuals pogoing to You Stole the Sun From My Heart. The song should be banned for that very reason (and the fact that its trash)[/quote']

We had some total cunt push in between me and my friend's brother..to make matters worse, i got caught elbowing said cunt in the ribs and got a telling off from the security :(

I reckon that's why I liked the Dublin gig so much, everyone that was there was fans (oh, and also getting to perv over Hilary from JJ72..and that Cathy Davey > The Departure as well) :D

and psydoll, you're right, we never do stop moaning :D

We had some total cunt push in between me and my friend's brother..to make matters worse' date=' i got caught elbowing said cunt in the ribs and got a telling off from the security :(

I reckon that's why I liked the Dublin gig so much, everyone that was there was fans (oh, and also getting to perv over Hilary from JJ72..and that Cathy Davey > The Departure as well) :D

and psydoll, you're right, we never do stop moaning :D[/quote']

The new bassist is better looking. More foxy...actually i think Fox might be her surname. The Departure were ace in Glasgow.

You judge a band on the basis that other people didn't like them?

Well, I was bored shitless too :p

They just reminded me of a really, really bad ripoff of The Killers - but without the songs..Be My Enemy was fairly catchy, but that's one song out of an entire set :s

still, anything was better than razorshite :D

Me and Jazz were quite near the front in SECC' date=' but i was dismayed to see the high preponderance of casuals pogoing to You Stole the Sun From My Heart. The song should be banned for that very reason (and the fact that its trash)[/quote']

It was at that point that I realised what Nicky was on about at the Millennium gig when he said "They sold about 8 million pints during that one" after Of Walking Abortion.

Those cunts were in my way of seeing if JDB plays his solos the way I play them.

Also, the main reason the tickets weren't on pre-sale is simply that gigsandtours.co.uk don't cater for Scottish gigs.

God you Manic fans never stop moaning do you?

It's a legal requirement.

Are you serious?

Unfortunately, yes.

But what's the point of seeing a band live if you can't actually see them, you know? And besides, you just can't get decent Manics tabs nowadays.

You want to know what was worse? I shoved my balaclava on during the Faster solo so I could recreate the video promo's solo bit on air guitar....

Guest Ancient Mariner
You want to know what was worse? I shoved my balaclava on during the Faster solo so I could recreate the video promo's solo bit on air guitar....

That is worse, much worse than anything I've ever read on this forum. I think you once said you were 24? Fucking hell.

I bet Demon Cleaner wishes he had the balls to do it, tho.

Unfortunately I left my blue and red striped "innes young" balaclava at home. In fact slightly cooler cos my name isnt embroidered on it.

James does not play any solos like he does on record, if you listened to "You Love Us" at the gig he practically missed it out. He seems to have lost a lot of technique. Good or bad thing, i don't know.

That is worse' date=' much worse than anything I've ever read on this forum. I think you once said you were 24? Fucking hell.

I bet Demon Cleaner wishes he had the balls to do it, tho.[/quote']

22 actually. And I'll have you know, I was the toast of the Manics Forum the next few days. So I OBVIOUSLY rule...... ahem....

James does not play any solos like he does on record' date=' if you listened to "You Love Us" at the gig he practically missed it out. He seems to have lost a lot of technique. Good or bad thing, i don't know.[/quote']

Indeed, but each solo has it's key points that he HAS to play, and that's the bits I like to watch. It's just the uber-fiddly bits he ad libs. Although sometimes he replaces them with even faster fiddlier bits, so it's not just a case of him getting too old.

I've never seen or heard the You Love Us solo being played like the recorded version. Except on TOTP. Ho ho ho.

Well I got mine. I was a bit worried because some places had already sold out by 11am like Leeds and Southampton (I think). Fucking touts - they've got tickets up on eBay already. Last time I looked, they were going for about 80. Fucking leeches keep removing, removing, removing...

There wasn't even a link on the official site, meaning a lot of stupid people who don't have the sense to check ticket sites didn't get tickets.