15. Hangar 18

16. Sweating Bullets

17. Symphony of Destruction

18. Back In The Day

19. Peace Sells.../Mechanix

Encore:

20. Holy Wars

and fuck me that is pretty decent

some songs aren't needed but hey who knows maybe they will replace them with something heavy.

Guest Scorge Spike

They played that set exactly, I think.

Was well executed (if too noisy, my ears still ring almost five hours on), with the obvious exceptions of 'The Four Horsemen But Slightly Faster So We Hope You Didn't Think It Actually Metallica' - mind you, at least they stayed away from 'Risk' :D. All the classics were done well, Hangar 18 in particular, but I'm still not sold by the new album.....

Oh, and Diamond Head were utter bollocks, one of the worst bands I've seen in a while.

</I need my bed.>

Seriously? I though Diamond Head were fucking excellent. You can definately see where Metallica/Megadeth got the influence. They played Am I Evil and it was so good.

Megadeth on the other hand were very tight and put on a great show, the set list was great too. Dave Mustaine is fucking ace! It was amusing to hear everyone singing along to Run To The Hills during the break between bands.

Am I evil was rock... but it sounds like its soo out of place with the rest of their set which was utter bollox!! Some old guys might have it on their "Things to do before I die - see Diamond Head" however, it weren't on my list.

Megadeth fucking ruled... Hanger 18 owns you and I quite fancy that Scorpion song (first time i've heard it)!

ANd finally...

HAHAHAHAH to all you ppl who didn't go / couldn't go because you had an english exam today. Well now that the exam is moved to next week - all i can say is....

I told you so!!! :p

They played that set exactly' date=' I think.

Was well executed (if too noisy, my ears still ring almost five hours on), with the obvious exceptions of 'The Four Horsemen But Slightly Faster So We Hope You Didn't Think It Actually Metallica' - mind you, at least they stayed away from 'Risk' :D. All the classics were done well, Hangar 18 in particular, but I'm still not sold by the new album.....

Oh, and Diamond Head were utter bollocks, one of the worst bands I've seen in a while.

</I need my bed.>[/quote']

Scorge -Metallica (when Mustaine was in the band) wrote the song mechanix, but then changed it to the four horsemen. So therefore Four Horsemen is Megadeth played slower rather than vice versa. I actually own Metallica playing Mechanix on bootleg.

Also I would agree that Four Horsemen is a much better song than Mechanix... one of the worst song Dave M's ever written.

(the intro to hangar 18 is also the same chord progression as one in Call Of Ktulu for those who didn't know...)

Scorge -Metallica (when Mustaine was in the band) wrote the song mechanix' date=' but then changed it to the four horsemen. So therefore Four Horsemen is Megadeth played slower rather than vice versa. I actually own Metallica playing Mechanix on bootleg.

Also I would agree that Four Horsemen is a much better song than Mechanix... one of the worst song Dave M's ever written.

(the intro to hangar 18 is also the same chord progression as one in Call Of Ktulu for those who didn't know...)[/quote']

Err.. Dan - Soz to burst ur bubble but scorge already knows this, as do I. Infact, he owns that very same bootleg of Metallica playing the Mechanix. He was taking the piss out of the song for being the utter tripe that it is .... At least they play it twice the speed so it's over twice as fast haha.

"Need new tires on yer Astra, mate??" hehehe

That was just great! Diamond Head made a great start with its Electric and The Prince. Am I Evil was just a great live song (still think metallica make it better)

Megadeth just blew me away. Great set (but where was the World Needs a Hero album?) that ranks up with Metallica, Slayer, Opeth and Ozzy as one of the best live bands ive ever seen. And Dave has been borrowing metallica riffs (not just the ones he wrote) for ages now (just listen to Cryptic Writings and you will hear Wherever I May Road and Motorbreath riffs in two songs) its just Daves way of getting his own back (anyone else see the unequal injustice for all sign)

genius