aberdeen-music

memories of drakes.

shaun

Bonesaws first proper gig was Drakes if I remember correctly and I was dj'ing that night aswell. Think Bodies were playing aswell. Maybe the Rabies Caste gig. God damn I think that was 2001
Can't have been. I was at Rabies Caste and didnt got o Drakes until 2002. Think I was at the first Bonesaw gig as well.

First gig at Drakes I went to was Risactonia and Bodies. After that I think was Brezhnev (when he dressed as McDeath). Brezhnev were fucking awesome!

Can't have been. I was at Rabies Caste and didnt got o Drakes until 2002. Think I was at the first Bonesaw gig as well.

First gig at Drakes I went to was Risactonia and Bodies. After that I think was Brezhnev (when he dressed as McDeath). Brezhnev were fucking awesome!

Rabies Caste Bonesaw , Jor & Mindjuice Dr Drakes 16/11/02.

I keep records of most gigs i go to :up:

im sure Sid played drums one night and Rob from Karloff was on guitar.

If i mind right his amp head wasn't working.

There was also Andys final gig before leaving for Germany, when Fluff (Korpse) and Simon (Inextremis) helped out with growls.

Filthpact gigs were always a blast as was Vomitus's debut performance supporting Red Stars Parade and Bumsnogger :love:

I remember all of those, brilliant!

That wasn't our first gig though. It was our first headline gig. Was quite funny being put on after an Earache band, cause they thought the place would empty after the local band finished. haha Good old days.

This was our first gig - 09/09/2002 @ Dr. Drakes, Aberdeen, w/Black Atom, Certain Death, Metal Militia & Brawler.

That wasn't our first gig though. It was our first headline gig. Was quite funny being put on after an Earache band, cause they thought the place would empty after the local band finished. haha Good old days.

This was our first gig - 09/09/2002 @ Dr. Drakes, Aberdeen, w/Black Atom, Certain Death, Metal Militia & Brawler.

I think I was at that gig.

• 2 years later...

Oh yeah, I remember that gig, was quite good. We didn't mind you'd play last, I didn't consider it as a headlining or opening it was just convenient. I think we sold all our merch at that place. People were warm and great. hail 'ya all. - Dave K. rabies caste

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
Oh yeah, I remember that gig, was quite good. We didn't mind you'd play last, I didn't consider it as a headlining or opening it was just convenient. I think we sold all our merch at that place. People were warm and great. hail 'ya all. - Dave K. rabies caste

"They" was actually more directed at the promoters of the show. Not you guys.

• 6 months later...

That was heavy on the open-mike night folks.....think it was Tino who filmed it???

It was indeed Tino, who filmed it  ;)

Drakes saw the first live appearance of the short lived acoustic trio - 'Triad', of which Tino was a member, alongside myself and my brother Steve - who used to host the open mic evenings.

Triad was essentially a Crosby, Stills and Nash tribute.......of sorts.....

Happy memories :cheers:  :cheers: