aberdeen-music

Spike Piledriver

bostaph

Hey i'm letting you know in advance that i'll be filling in on drums for Spike this friday evening at Dr Drakes. And because the usual drum machine is not in use as of now, i will be stretched to the ultimate limit and beyond, so be patient if at best i sound a little of of sync, and in general, gash!!

I'll do my damndest to play 6000 bpm!!:band:

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Its nae that hard to do !!!

It is if your precise and concerned that your keeping correct time, although true enough, it's not hard to randomly bash away if your not playing any particular rhythm.

But yes i will be on crutches, and unable to write my own name after tonights madness!!:band::cheers:

Originally posted by bostaph:

It is if your precise and concerned that your keeping correct time, although true enough, it's not hard to randomly bash away if your not playing any particular rhythm.

But yes i will be on crutches, and unable to write my own name after tonights madness!!:band::cheers:

Hardly random bashing of everything !

and god knows how grindcore could be in a correct time .

kind of organized chaos lol dosn't seem right to me !

but yeah the legs and arms will die ..... its great fun ! ! !

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Hardly random bashing of everything !

and god knows how grindcore could be in a correct time .

kind of organized chaos lol dosn't seem right to me !

but yeah the legs and arms will die ..... its great fun ! ! !

I assure you young callum, everything has timing, especially blastbeats, it all depends on your view of would non-drummers actually care if it was not in time, would they really be able to tell!! just playing fast with no real skill or technique. But i believe that everything must be played in correct timing and precisely as you like in the music's own Genre, without good timing, that to me does not make a good drummer, if any drummer at all.

My thoughts are, only play whats within your ability, practice furthur, but don't try and play crazy stuff you can't manage live, because you feel silly if it all goes tit's-up and look rather gash!! Embarrasment nobody needs!

Before any negative comeback, this is not directed at anyone, just like the Jerry Springer thought at the end of the show!!, Wise words!!:cheers::band:

• 4 weeks later...